Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some issues with Firefox (images and CSS)

Options
  • 07-01-2006 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I downloaded the latest version of FF today, and some of my php-developed sites have started "acting" weird. My main problem is that no database-served images are being shown properly. I'm showing an image on the screen, but it's showing the broken image indicator. If I right click the image and check its properties, the path, etc is fine. If I right click and View Image, I get the image in all its glory, although the properties > alternate text states "Image cannot be displayed because it contains errors". It contains errors?

Also, I'm having some trouble with my stylesheet, changes made to it are not coming up properly on the screen - it appears to retain old settings.

I suspect both these issues are caused by caching or something, but I have no clue where to look and what to look for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You could post a URL here for others to examine.
    Have you validated your stylesheet?
    Validated you HTML?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Unfortunately, I can't, the site is an internal administration function. It's been live for about 2 months now and works fine in IE and the previous version of FF I had, so I don't believe there's anything wrong with the CSS or HTML.

I just think it's something I haven't done with my new version of FF (1.5)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You can upload the files (css and html, do 'Save As' for the latter) to the validators, just to be sure.

Advertisement