Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominion - Prequel to the exorcist

Options
  • 06-01-2006 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

Saw it was available to buy in HMV the other day, hadn't known it was released ... does anybody know if it's any good? how does it compare to the other exorcist prequel?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Same story, same actors (mostly), just a different actor. I got the Exorcist Boxset in Extra Vision for 25 bucks, which I thought was quite good...it included the original, 2nd, 3rd and the two prequels. When you watch the 2nd prequel (regardless of what you consider the first prequel) you just have an enormous sense of deja vu all the way through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

From imdb.com

Morgan Creek Productions fired Paul Schrader after he had submitted a completed movie, saying that he had given them "footage without any of the bloody violence the backers had wanted". He had already made it clear in interviews that he was making more of a psychological drama than an all-out gore-fest. He was fired and Renny Harlin was hired to re-shoot the movie. Almost 90% of the movie was re-shot and at least two characters have been dropped from Paul Schrader's version of the movie. Following the lackluster reception to Harlin's version, though, Schrader's version was finally released as Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist (2005).

I just want to know, is Dominion better? I thought the Beginning was ****e.

Advertisement