Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Newbie

Options
  • 06-01-2006 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi. Nice board.

I'm looking for a laptop. What I will be using it for mostly is writing but I'd also like it to have reasonable gaming performance. The gaming thing kind of dismisses apple atraight off and from past experience I will never buy from Dell again. I have a budget that will just about stretch past the 1500euro mark. It doesn't need to be ultra-portable so long as I can lift the thing. The closest thing I have found to what I'm looking for is this. The Hard Drive speed on it is only 4200, is that ok? It is 1559 at my local sony store. I am a complete newbie when it comes to laptops so please tell me if I can get the same kind of specs for less.
    Also, someone told me there is some place near dublin airport where they will build a pc to your specs. Any idea if this is true?

Thanks in advance

BOYK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

have a look on HP's website.My Dad deals with them all the time and says that Dells are crap and apple is mainly for business,HP is the best so far but Acer are ok for beginners.

Try HP's they are the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

have a look on HP's website.My Dad deals with them all the time and says that Dells are crap and apple is mainly for business,HP is the best so far but Acer are ok for beginners.

Try HP's they are the best
    I am not a beginner and I have been using acers for a number of years. What do base your comment on? As far as HP, Dell etc go they are not really value for money. It depends what is in the box, reliability and after sales service if it is needed!

Macintosh is not used mainly for business, Dell is.

Advertisement