Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Project

Options
  • 06-01-2006 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Myself and a good friend of mine are currently starting a new project. I'll give you a bit of backround on the two of us.
    I'm Paul Shanahan and I'm a session drummer/singer-songwriter. I have been playing drums for the last 7 years in a multitude of bands. I started doing session work when I left the army and have continued to do it since. My own website is www.shanners.com.
    Paul Fitzgerald is the other half of the duo. Paul studied tenor horn for years, along with the bass. His tenor horn playing and general music ability scored him a scholarship to study music technology in London. He has been playing bass since his eearly teens and he's the tightest and most tasteful bass player I've played with.
    Both myself and Paul write our own material. Our plan now is to form a team of super heros to take over the world. Alternatively we'll just write good music and warp the minds of a generation.
    We want to start the project acousticly first and eventually move on to a full electric set up. The core idea behind the group is that everyone can sing - melody and harmony are the foundations of the group. After that its rhythms. A good example would be the likes of the futureheads.
    We like Franz Ferdinands philosophy - "We make music to make people dance"
    Influence that we'd take from range drastically - Futureheads, Artic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Foo Fighters, Dixie Chicks, Nickle Creek, Incubus, Led Zeplin, The Who, Weezer, Arcade Fire, Bell X1, The Frames, Franz Ferdinand, Bob Dylan, Louden Wainwright III, Matchbox 20, Thin Lizzy, Wet Wet Wet, Sarah McLachlan, Pearl Jam, Guns n Roses, Air, Saint Germain, etc etc etc. The list really is endless and both of us are open to listening to anyone. (I'll own up to Wet Wet Wet!)
    I don't care what you play as long as your not afraid to throw your voice about on stage (bass, tenor, saprano - don't care)
    If your in anyway interested give me a call on 0876504127, PM back or mail me on paul@shanners.com
    Kind Regards,
    Paul

Advertisement