Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Harris

Options
  • 06-01-2006 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'am hoping someone can help me out. I've spent the last 2 and a bit days looking for the Richard Harris statue in Limerick City. Can someone please tell me which street it's on. I've been asking everyone I meet about it. But I seem to get the same response from everyone. They just look at me lankly like a dog who's just been shown a Card trick. So does anyone know where it is

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

Who told you that there is a statue of a hollywood actor in limerick?

IB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I've never seen one and Im living here 30 years!

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Inge Binge wrote:
    Who told you that there is a statue of a hollywood actor in limerick?
    Em, Harris is from Limerick - not generally known for it's hollywoodocity.

As for the statue a quick search on the intraweb gets you this
    A statue of Richard Harris is also said to be unveiled in Bedford Row in Limerick when the street that is currently being refurbished is completed in late 2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Any chance of some directions from the Clarion to Bedford Row. I'am sure I read somewhere recently that the statue had been finished and that Harris family along with Russell Crow had been over for the unvailing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

starn wrote:
    Any chance of some directions from the Clarion to Bedford Row. I'am sure I read somewhere recently that the statue had been finished and that Harris family along with Russell Crow had been over for the unvailing

Map here

Bedford Row is in the top right and the roundabout near the Clarion is in the bottom left.

• Advertisement

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Other suggestions if you are a richard harris fan

you could visit the Charlie St. George, it was his regular haunt in Limerick. It is on parnell street next to the station. ask directions to it and someone will be able to help you find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I don't think the statue has been put up yet - bedford row was just a building site the last time I was on it just before Christmas. I could be wrong, but I also think it is later this year before it is due to be put up.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Statue isn't completed yet, nor is Bedford row.

If you want to see where Harris' hung out go up to Charlie St. George's on Parnell street, if you want to see where he went to school, it's the buildings beside the Jesuit Church in the Cresent (top of O'Connell Street), if you want to see the rugby team he played for/supported, they're called Young Munster, currently Ail Div 2, they might be playing at the weekend in Tom Clifford Park.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

The painting in City Hall I think was unveiled, the thing of his head isnt on the street which isnt built yet (bedford row) well at least i hope its not there yet!

Advertisement