Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gudmen - Streets Of New York

Options
  • 05-01-2006 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I've added an old track of mine/ The Gudmen (pre P days) called Streets Of New York to www.myspace.com/mcaycee

For those that don't know the track, it's actually based on a Wolfe Tonnes song.
    It's me tellin' the stories again :)

The track is available as a download.

Well, let me know what ye think.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Nice Idea/Concept, telling a modern version of the same story but i dont think it came off well in the execution of it for some reason, havent quite put my finger on it yet, maybe its because i like the original so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

It's produced alright and stuff.. but man the accent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I like the original so much myself Ubu hence why I did it. Thanks for checkin' it out.

Shrimp, that's my accent! Again, thanks for checkin' it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I know it's ur accent and all, and that ur sound, which is grand, but it's just not what you expect from rap, but then again if you were to put on a typical accent I think it'd be nothing different. But in my opinion I dont like the accent, when rapping. how long u been doing it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

cool song well done, loved original too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I'm rapping about 5 years Shrimp. If you haven't heard any Irish Hip Hop with an Irish accent it can be very strange at first.

I get this a lot but a lot of people tell me "it took a while to get used to the accent but once I got past that I really enjoyed it".

If you want to listen to a few of the other songs or maybe some of my bands stuff (www.myspace.com/thegudmen) you might get used to the accent and "hear" what's being said, if you know what i mean.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to listen to the song.

Advertisement