Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nasty Letterkenny Women!

Options
  • 05-01-2006 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Why do women in niteclubs in letterkenny try to make you feel like you are two foot tall when you try to chat them up? By saying something really hateful to u?

If you are out clubing in derry and you chat up a women if they dont fancy you, they will at least talk to you! They seem to be very nasty pieces of work in letterkenny?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I take it you are from Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

Perhaps because of your ironic name, you are actually two feet tall!

foggy wrote:
    Perhaps because of your ironic name, you are actually two feet tall!
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

they do it in Sligo too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yeah, you will meet nasty females anywhere, same as females meet nasty males.

The secret is at least wait for the right signal's from the opposite sex, before making your move ;)

P.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

fine words of wisdom from Paddy but classic rapier wit from from foggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

muffler wrote:
    I take it you are from Derry

Met loads of nice Derry men who toke their annual holidays in Bundoran, some of them (actually quite a lot of them were gorgeous) but after a few beers they were pretty pushy...

...I put it down to holiday fever...

Letterkenny men, now that's a different story, spent the best two years of my life in Letterkenny - savage!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MR BIG

Well folks to be honest im actually from donegal! and my point is this, donegal women have alot to learn in the sensitiveity stakes! There is no call for the ruthlessness and there VERY BAD attitude they show towards young donegal men!

The reason I have started this thread was I have consulted alot of my friends and they all have the same oppion as myself.

..........(edited: offensive and immature remark)..... If they showed a little more sensitiveity and compassion towards lads, that are only doin wat nature intended them to do! Ie be attracted to women.

I am 24 yrs old so I know the signs when a women is lookin. And the size thing! Cheap shot mate!

MR BIG wrote:

If they showed a little more sensitiveity and compassion towards lads, that are only doin wat nature intended them to do! Ie be attracted to women.

Hey that is a bit OTT, maybe if these young "Donegal males" accepted that rejection is part of life, and not only something that happens on a "night out".

When I was young I really feared rejection from the opposite sex, but I 'did learn' not to take it too seriously,and my attitude and approach technique changed radically, as I really then treated it as 'The mating game' and not a matter of Life or Death. ?...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

There you have it. Pulling advice from Paddy20 :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

Did you ever feel perhaps it was your attitude that needs adjusting rather than that of the entire female population of Donegal?

and
    "I'm 24 and I know the signs when a woman is looking"

it pretty much sounds to me like you don't have a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Medbhia

gustavo wrote:
    they do it in Sligo too!

*laugh*

Heh, chill out people, they do it everywhere, both sexes. Nice people everywhere, not-so-nice people everywhere, indifferent people everywhere. What can you do eh?!

So much for free speech! And the highlighting of important issues in a public domain!

That is what i find offensive censorship! And not giving people a chance to consider for themselfs if my remarks are offensive and imature!:mad:

MR BIG wrote:
    So much for free speech! And the highlighting of important issues in a public domain!

That is what i find offensive censorship! And not giving people a chance to consider for themselfs if my remarks are offensive and imature!:mad:
    As you are new here we will have to break this gently :rolleyes: You will find that free speech is not a thing that is allowed here. There are rules my friend when you visit someone elses site.

Put it like this - you can walk around naked in your own private house but you cant do it in a community hall with other people there.

So if you feel that you need to express yourself without being censored you will have to get your own private website.

Welcome aboard and keep the posts coming

just a couple of things to add here,

Muffler, a big congratulations on your edit, i am soooo proud.

Mr Bigg, freedom of speech is somthing you are entitled too if you want to stand on a soap box and preech in the square of you area, but unfortunately this domain is owned by a group of individuals who have given each user here the chance to discuss their views and not offend. Yes from time to time we do offend someone but not intentionally, and no one likes to be offended, ironically, not even you.

In relation to the nasty females of the world.

I would bet my life that someone has expressed intereast in you at some stage in your life and you have brushed it off. Someone has discreetly tested the waters buy saying a drink, cinema nightclub etc. you have thought nothing of it, maybe felt tired, were not on for the film. Can you see where i am coming from.
    Yes people in a nightclub can be as sensetive as a as a bull with a sniffy nose, apoligies to all bovines with a cold. This is the area where people get all dressed up in their new clothes and there are trying to look their best, they feel superiour and unfortunately they may not know how to be subtle.

It aint anything personel. If someone who you did not find attractive approached you, what way are you going to deal with the situation, and think about what way you would deal with the situation in the company of all your friends and some alcohol.

nanook wrote:
    just a couple of things to add here,

Muffler, a big congratulations on your edit, i am soooo proud.

Mr Bigg, freedom of speech is somthing you are entitled too if you want to stand on a soap box and preech in the square of you area, but unfortunately this domain is owned by a group of individuals who have given each user here the chance to discuss their views and not offend. Yes from time to time we do offend someone but not intentionally, and no one likes to be offended, ironically, not even you.

In relation to the nasty females of the world.

I would bet my life that someone has expressed intereast in you at some stage in your life and you have brushed it off. Someone has discreetly tested the waters buy saying a drink, cinema nightclub etc. you have thought nothing of it, maybe felt tired, were not on for the film. Can you see where i am coming from.
    Yes people in a nightclub can be as sensetive as a as a bull with a sniffy nose, apoligies to all bovines with a cold. This is the area where people get all dressed up in their new clothes and there are trying to look their best, they feel superiour and unfortunately they may not know how to be subtle.

It aint anything personel. If someone who you did not find attractive approached you, what way are you going to deal with the situation, and think about what way you would deal with the situation in the company of all your friends and some alcohol.

I wouldnt deal with it like every single hateful letterkenny women deals with it! I would talk to the person, and not turn around and cut them to pieces with a hateful comment, and alcohol isnt a gud excuse to treat people badly, and an excuse for peoples bad behavour. It is behaviour I havent experienced anywhere but in donegal and especially in letterkenny drunk or sober! I would also like to remark that the people doing the most preeching from soap boxs seem to be the moderators on this site!Whick obviously like to listen to themself talk

MR BIG wrote:
    I wouldnt deal with it like every single hateful letterkenny women deals with it! I would talk to the person, and not turn around and cut them to pieces with a hateful comment, and alcohol isnt a gud excuse to treat people badly, and an excuse for peoples bad behavour. It is behaviour I havent experienced anywhere but in donegal and especially in letterkenny drunk or sober! I would also like to remark that the people doing the most preeching from soap boxs seem to be the moderators on this site!Whick obviously like to listen to themself talk
    And people who like to see their own posts just make the text bigger which is probably self induced reverse physcology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sweety4uall

nanook wrote:
    fine words of wisdom from Paddy but classic rapier wit from from foggy
    congrats dad to be.

MR BIG,

What you are really on about is the battle of the sexe's/B] and 'bad manners' or plain ignorant behaviour.

I do sympathise, having been young & frisky myself, now I am just old and frisky;) .

However, if you dress in red the way you post in 'red' I am afraid that is like a 'red rag to a bull' and the opposite sex may not be overly keen.

If you treat women in general as equals, very much in the same manner as you would treat a friend or someone of your own gender 'that you have just met', you might find that they will react less defensively towards you and your other young friends around Letterkenny.

Result, hopefully a bit 'more success' for one and all. Most importantly, try and remember that females are not from another planet, they are humans the same as you and me, and I learned a long time ago to treat them as I would like others to treat me with the result that my opposite sex relationships took a turn for the better.

You, are obviously not a quitter so I have little doubt your luck will take a turn for the better, and when you get 'rude rejections', it's their loss not yours, nothing ventured, nothing gained !, as it is all just part of the old Game of Life and should be looked upon primarily as a Game with winners & losers, and eventually we all have a bit of luck, so long as we do not lose heart or become embittered.

Take it slow and easy :) .

Paddy, you should look for a job as an "agony uncle" :D but wise words my man, wise words!

• Advertisement

Ok

I will keep this simple and and in straight forward text.

The thread was in relation to the ladies in letterkenny being rude. God only knows why they would be rude to you mr big in any way as you seem to take criticism with a touch of salt.

Judging by the response and yoiur way with dealing with others opinions, and i have to say that is all that is going on here, if you asked a female to dance in a night club i would strongly advise here to dance with you as a tantrum would have never been seen in the land of the nasty women.

To end this topic, the forum has deviated from the origional topic.

Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement