Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well it's 'Meat Loaf' for me from now on .....

Options
  • 04-01-2006 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

Two psychologists in the U.S. have published an academic paper analysing the relationship between the suicide rate and the proportion of local-radio airtime, dedicated to 'country and western' music in 49 American cities. They found that the more 'country and western' music that was played, the higher the ‘Suicide rate’, even if you took into account other factors, such as rates of divorce, poverty, and gun availability. According to the researchers, 'country and western', with its recurring themes of marital discord, alchohol abuse and alienation, tends to foster a suicidal mood.

food for thought ...... :confused:

I remember years ago in the market at the top of Williams st. a young gal was trying to get stall holders to allow her to store her gear - speakers etc in their stall while she played a CD she had made .... with of course, lots of copies for sale .... every stall holder seemed to be turning her away :( ... so I asked a guy why:confused: ..... he said that a few songs were fine but after an hour or so of the same C&W songs being played it became more like the 'wailing of the Dead!!!", with everyone being driven mad :(

Advertisement