Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for penguin friendly running club Limerick area

Options
  • 03-01-2006 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi folks

I am a new runner living in east clare, but could really do with joining a club. I need one that welcomes older women (I am 38) and people who are working on getting fit and learning the basics.

Help??

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Hi astarte

Perhaps the athletics forum or www.athleticsireland.ie, or http://www.limerickcitysports.ie/directory_results.php could be more useful. I know there is a club that runs meetings from the Country Club on the Cratloe road but I don't know much else about them I'm afraid.

There are some lovely runs around East Clare/CastleConnell direction, and of course, there's always Cratloe woods, one of the best hill tracks I've come across.

Good Luck, hope to see you on the roads someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

there are a lot of groups who train at UL you should definetely give that a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

one of the best hill tracks I've come across

Magnificent for sure :) ..... just don't let the gals go up there on their own :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Which Cratloe tracks do you use Hobie? Usually start off at Woodcock Hill and run around past the old carpark, up the clay(ish) hill and back around, 5 miles or as near as.

Girls should be fine there during the day, it's usually relatively busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Which Cratloe tracks do you use

I start at the Gallows hill carpark .... and then all over the place :)

Of course it might be just a friendly Benny Hill type guy chasing you :p .... B0000714A9.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement