Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Genius!!

Options
  • 04-01-2006 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

What a bloody fantastic way to make a million! :):)

Why can't I come up with things like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

wow, this is new to me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Well it is to me. I've never seen anyone approach it like that before, have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Insane. Check out his ebay auction for the last 1000 pixels:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5652179487&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:UK:31

What idiot would even waste a dollar on a pixel

:eek: $30,000 and rising for a 50x20 block.

It's amazing when you package something different how people go nuts.

Although, having said that, does anyone here work in the industry and know how much it would cost to place a similar size block on a webpage getting 1.5 million unique visitors a day, for 5 years? I bet it's pretty high too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Fortune

If it cost $30,000 for a 50x20 on a webpage that got 1.5million visitors a day for 5 years I'd snap it up. But truth is MDHP doesnt get 1.5million visitors per day, and it wont be able to maintain its current levels of visitors for 5 years.

Its at $32,000 now , it was at $25,000 this morning. It could well rise above $100,000 , there is 6 days left.

• Advertisement

True, but I reckon the initial buyers who got 50x20's for $1,000 would probably be well happy at all the attention so far, let alone for the next 5 or more years.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭clearz

$6,001,100.00 at the moment.

EDIT: Its gone back down to $149,900.00. That bid must have been canceled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

clearz wrote:
    $6,001,100.00 at the moment.

That was a mistake, it's at $152k now.

Advertisement