Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American ipods

• 04-01-2006 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I’ve been trying to avoid it for ages, but I don’t think I can anymore. I’m going to get an ipod. I was having a look on ebay, then on apple.com, then apple.ie. The price differences between here and the us are crazy. Apple.com is about €120 cheaper than apple.ie. (for the 60G monster)

I’ve also heard that the newest irish ipods won’t take itunes (what with it being kinda illegal and all).

So, as my sister is going to the US next month, can someone tell me why I shouldn’t get an American one? Will there be compatibility issues when I get it home?

Question 2

As I’m getting into this ipod game a bit late in the day, am I going to be kicking myself in the summer when a compeditor comes out with something far better then (I’m thinking of a 20G phone or something)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No issues, you will need a cheap €2-5 adaptor so you can plug it into an irish socket but the charger will probably be 110-240V (no transformer needed). Some ipod chargers plug into those stereo "figure 8" leads, so you may need no adaptor at all.

I hear the warranty is still good here too.

You can start kicking yourself right now since there are competitors with better units already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭davidmdickens

Hey.

Forget what the people above have said to you.
    The new Ipod dose not come with a charger anymore
    so you will not have this prob.

I have got my last 40 gig HP ipod in the US that came with a charger.
    I was over there in Nov and got a Video 60 gig.
    And i did save €120. So i got the new dock with remote a case and the
    new Itrip with the money i saved.

And the warranty is still good because i had to send back my first mini
    that i got over there and i got a new one back of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

there wont be any issues with the charger cos u dont get one with the ipods anymore!:D it charges through the computer. you can buy a charger in the states and then get an adapter over here or else get the ipod over there and pick up the charger in ireland with an irish socket on it. i bought the charger and i bought the world plug adapter set in america and it worked out cheaper than the charger alone in ireland

moe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I got an ipod video in the states before they were release here a few months ago. The package from the states is exactly the same as the one you buy here. I think it worked out at around $470 for the 60GB one over there which is a bit cheaper. The best thing you can do is get one of those applecare protection plans with it tho. Theyre €60 but much cheaper over there. These are 2 full years from date of purchase of international warranty and theres nobody better than apple for aftersales service. My earphones broke yesterday i ordered a new set at 7:32 last night and got them from the Netherlands this morning ar around 11:30.

• Advertisement
Advertisement