Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass Player Urgently Required

Options
  • 04-01-2006 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Kemosabe urgently require a bassist serious about his/her music making. We require a bass player who is able to be creative and write music, as well as being willing to put in the effort to achieve a solid and tight sound. So far we are an all originals band, and if we do play a cover it will be for fun rather then out of necessity to fill time. You can listen to some live recordings of our tracks at www.myspace.com/kemosabemusic .

We are currently on a break from gigging until February, but due to the suprise loss of our original bass player we need a strong bassist to learn our songs before planned gigs (as well as contributing to finishing a number of work in progress tracks).

Before the Summer we have a rake of gigs, new website, merchandising , recording of an EP and some international gigs planned. We also lease our own rehearsal studio near Dublin city. Due to all these plans we are looking for a bassist who is serious about his/her music. No time wasters please.

Listen to our tracks (more available on cpu.ie) and if you like our music then get in touch. Some backing vocal ability would be a definite plus.

Thanks for your time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

We've had some interest, but we've yet to get a new bass player, so if you like the music... let us know! c'mon.... we'll give you a cuisine de france muffin from Centra (you just arent allowed pick at it.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

bump in my hole.

If you like yer chips greasy, we're the band for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Music Freak

Are you looking for any particular age and experience?

well, over 18 is what we want i reckon.. No experience needed, just good bassingness

Heh heh, I was looking at that chip comment wondering what the hell you were on about man, but yeah, heh heh, the local chipper does produce some especially greasy chips.... tends to leak onto your trousers, and dont dare go near a guitar after touching them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dross

what are you. i don't know what you are.

dross wrote:
    what are you. i don't know what you are.
    what are you talking about?

imean, whats your thing

Listen to our tracks, thats why I put them up. Not into slotting people in genres... genres mean differant things to differant people. Just listen and let the music speak for itself. If you like it, it's your thing, if you dont, it's not.

What do you do in your public sphere?
    Lay back and sample the atmosphere?
    What do you do in your public sphere?
    Sit there and act so sincere?

• Advertisement

why did you write that?

Why did you bother asking? :D

Just a wee bump, in the shape of some lyrics.

ooom bop dop ba boom bop doey wa ba boo bop da da wooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Fan of Michael Douglas? :D

Quite liking the sound, I'd love to give it a try but i'm currently living in Cavan, so when and how regularly would you be rehearsing?

Any more info would be great, PM me if you want!

Regards,

ftg

EDIT: Suppose some info about myself would probably be nice too! I'm 19, been playing guitar for nigh on 5 years and bass for 4, relatively accomplished on both. Also have a decent amount of experience, i've been in a few different bands in the last 4 years, starting as a bass player for a Cavan based band called the Flying Fish Monkeys, with a brief spell of a year in the middle when i relocated to Dublin, now back in Cavan and subsequently back with the band. We have over a hundred gigs under our belt so experience isn't in any shortage! Music is my life, and always will be, very professional attitude but obviously its always gotta to be fun and enjoyable! Hit me up if you get a chance! Cheers!

Cool, I'll send ya a pm in a bit... must dash though at the mo.

We've found a bass player.

Thanks to those who showed an interest.

Next gig should be coming in mid Feb.

www.myspace.com/kemosabemusic for details.

Advertisement