Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any one into roots manuva

Options
  • 04-01-2006 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

any one into roots manuva there good uk hiphop 4 u

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

im pretty sure hes french...

and stop using text typing its anoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

No, he's English. And yeh, he's good, saw him in the Ambassador, good gig. Check out Jehst and Black Twang aswell if you like UK hip-hop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Didn't think Awfully Deep was all that great, but his other albums are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Wasn't as good as his others but still not a bad album really.
    Worth giving a listen to anyway, there are a couple of stand out tracks on there. Haven't listened to the album in ages though so I couldn't name them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Legend!!! Probably the best of all uk hip hop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

*** mindless trivia alert ***
    your man in eastenders who is "doing" your one Ruby has a Roots Manuva poster on his living room wall (it's yellow)...he also has a poster of 50c in his bedroom but we won't hold that against him!

i only have the stuff he has done with leftfield and his back 2 mine compliation album but I want to check out own stuff. Which would be the best to start off with?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

yeah roots manuva is pretty good alright. have a couple of his albums and they are all worth a listen.

Ty is also worth a listen if you like some british hip-hop. wouldn't be much of a dizzee rascal fan though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Not a big Roots fan at all. He had a couple of good tracks with Chali 2na.
    Witness is a classic song though matched with a classic video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

best place to start with roots manuva is to pick up "run come save me"

there was a dub remix album of it called "dub come save me that my girlfriend has and its wicked too, but obviously its less about the vocals and more about tweaking the music...

check out his new side project banana klan.

for uk hip hop check: jehst, blak twang, skinnyman, klashnekoff, mystro, pitman, rodney p... some seriously good stuff going on across the water the last few years.

dizzee rascal isnt really hip hop - more of a grime artist like lady sovereign or roll deep...

Advertisement