Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on a lightweight laptop

Options
  • 04-01-2006 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I'm in the market for a lightweight, around 2kg, laptop. The specs required are:

centrino > 1.6
    512 ram
    80GB hard drive
    wireless
    dvd-burner
    widescreen 12.1in is plenty big for me
    pcmcia type II slot

I'll be using this for a variety of things including running MATLAB programs but the most important thing is that it be mobile. My budget is around 1500. Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭atilladehun

http://www.go-mv.com/showdet.php?id=101

my girlfriend got one. good machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

http://www.go-mv.com/showdet.php?id=101

my girlfriend got one. good machine.

Can't be gotten in ROI can they?
    They look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Toshiba Portege with 3 year warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Thanks for the replies folks. I've seen the mobeus alright but was a little worried about getting a laptop from an unknown source. That said I'm very tempted by their price and contacted their sales guy who said they will ship to Ireland for £40+vat...but their warrenty will not cover shipping costs to get it back to them from Ireland if there is a problem.

The Toshiba doesn't appeal to be because of a lack of widescreen. Ever since seeing my bosses new widescreen laptop I've been sold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭themarcus

Definitely get the mobeus, its ridiculously good for the price.
    I've had mine a month now and I love it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement