Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose Bowl

Options
  • 04-01-2006 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Well, its finally upon us!!!

USC Trojans Vs Texas Longhorns

This game has been hyped so much over recent weeks and I have no doubt that it will live to its billing!!!

My bold prediction is for Reggie Bush to run for 2 TDs and to catch one also!

Since people are saying its Leinhart and Bush Vs Young i am going to say 2:1 the Trojans win 33 - 17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I think texas will offer some defence and will sneak it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭xm15e3

RuggieBear wrote:
    I think texas will offer some defence and will sneak it

At 10:00 left, and Texas just kicked a field goal on a possesion that was a gift, I've got a feeling USC is going to roll. We've seen them do this for two years now.

Texas is good though, it is a hell of a game. Did the Orange Bowl get broadcast in Ireland??

NASN showed most of the big bowls...

2mins left....TEXAS ball behind by 5

v young scores on 4th and 5 with 19 seconds left!!!!!

lead by 1

going for 2 pt conversion

TEXAS win

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:
    TEXAS win

Wow!

If I were a USC alumn/fan I'd feel robbed. 1 BS TD call, and a freaking handout by the refs, under review, on what really was an interception.

Still, a heck of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

xm15e3 wrote:
    Wow!

If I were a USC alumn/fan I'd feel robbed. 1 BS TD call, and a freaking handout by the refs, under review, on what really was an interception.

Imagine how Notre Dame felt in October then they were robbed by USC...what goes around.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

If Vince Young gets drafted any later than 2nd I'll be very surprised.

200yds rushing and 3 TD's!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭irishraven

Well, I am running on empty after watching that one but I am glad I was wrong about the result!

Texas and Vince Young deserved that! What a brilliant game!!!

How he has no heissman is a ****ing travesty

• Advertisement

Domer wrote:
    Imagine how Notre Dame felt in October then they were robbed by USC...what goes around.....

I've got a good idea, the Zebra's screwed Oregon on two called back touchdowns, one on a lame penalty, and one on a lame penalty after the back was 5 yards into the endzone. USC would probably have still one that one, but, 14 points can change the entire nature of the game. Imagine all the people in Vegas that got screwed when Oregon covered the spread, just not on the final score board.

Although, I don't feel bad about ND getting ripped. Everytime they are in a BCS bowl, they've screwed someone out of it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Maybe I misheard, but did the touchline reporter really say "thanks Vince" to Matt Leinart after the immediate post-game "we were the better team" interview? Talk about rubbing it in

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Watched the game, and saw a lot of the bowls, have NASN in the house.

Granted a lucky escape for Vince's offload in the tackle to Selvin Young for the TD; his knee was definitely down. I still think Texas played the more exciting game, purely because I like a passing game more than a rushing game, although Leinhart threw for more yards, Vince Young just looked like he was going to make some crazy thing happen.

Reggie Bush has played better, in fact I would even go as far as saying that he was outshone the Trojans other running back, LenDale White, although White did have more carries, probably cause Bush was a marked man. The Longhorns secondary is so quick its unreal.

I see it had the highest TV ratings since 1987, and there's no question, when you watch some of the drivel in the NFL, College FB is far more exciting to watch. I even explained the rules to my 19 year old sister and she's hooked!

My disappointment was with my team, Notre Dame, who were completely blown out by the Buckeyes. I watched that as well, and was hoping that they would at least get a tie and force overtime, but Ohio were excellent. Fair play to them.

Its annoying that ND games never seem to be on during the regular season, its probably becuase of their contract with NBC for their live regular season games.

bruachain wrote:
    Its annoying that ND games never seem to be on during the regular season, its probably becuase of their contract with NBC for their live regular season games.

I got hooked on american football watching Notre Dame on the old NBC Super channel...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

RuggieBear wrote:
    I got hooked on american football watching Notre Dame on the old NBC Super channel...

It seems that NBCs only presence in Ireland for now is the bloody CNBC Europe channel, which is a load of sh1te (even for a business follower) except for Leno & O'Brien.

bruachain wrote:
    It seems that NBCs only presence in Ireland for now is the bloody CNBC Europe channel, which is a load of sh1te (even for a business follower) except for Leno & O'Brien.
    yeah..it used to be so much better. It was great watching the football every saturday night...now it's just leno and conan, if i could be bothered even checking

Advertisement