Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CD Changer for 99 Yaris

Options
  • 03-01-2006 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Ive just bought a 3 door 99Yaris. The problem is , that it has a built in radio, so I cant put a normal CD player into the car, Ive been told to get a CD Changer. any advise from anyone else with the same car?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,413 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there are two options availible, firstly a changer that fits under the front seat. secondly, an in-dash changer that fits in the compartment over the ashtray. the latter is the more expensive but much better option. gonna cost you about €600 from a Toyota dealer including fitting though

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOYOTA-YARIS-RADIO-CD-WITH-THE-DISPLAY-UNIT_W0QQitemZ5849349237QQcategoryZ3293QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this seems to be off a pre 2003 model too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

My wife has a '00 Yaris and that already has a single CD unit which looks just like the one in the eBay ad (which isn't an in-dash changer). Are you sure you don't have that in yours?

Terra and Luna models came with cassette players till the facelift in 2003, only Sol models had Single CD as standard. an in dash changer gives you casette and 6 cd though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

You can fit a Standard Cd player in a Yaris It will save you alot of money.
    Where the Space is under the Cas Player that black compartment can be taken out and a normal cd player hooked up instead of the cd player and its a very easy job.If you want i will fit it for you.

yeah but you've still got the standard casette unit and radio, it looks terrible. fair enough it's a standard DIN hole, but, Have you actually fitted one into a Yaris

• Advertisement

Yeah and it Looks fine,I had a Yaris last year and fitted one and it looked fine Saves a Few bob.

suppose it's a matter of taste, i wouldn't be happy with having two stereos on my dashbords. one of them not working. also, won't the thermometer, trip computer and clock be disabled too?

No The term/Clock/Mpg Will still work fine.

still not convinced! I'd look out for a CD deck in buy and sell / ebay,

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

In the same boat myself except iv got a 02 - is there a standard CD changer port in the back of the built in stereo. Want to have a fair idea before i tear the head unit out to find that a CD changer cant connect to it!

Cheers
    Nuke

• Advertisement

As far as i no ya sure have a quick look... Pull out the 3 heater nobs... Unscrew the 2 screws then put out the ashtray and unscrew the screw and pull the front off... Easy to Take off Easy to Put back on.

they're all cd changer compatible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

You have 2 options there.
    1. Add a standard cd player where the little black posket is. - also mentioned above

2. Add a Sony CD Changer to the existing head unit. Gives you control to 6 disc and is a lot cheaper then the original Toyota.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Thanks a million guys - sorry about the delay in responding.
    Thats good news will check it in the next few days and see the way the money tree is out in the garden:v:

Later
    Nuke

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

Hi,

My wife had a 99 yaris that she bought new when they came out first. I bought a 8 disk Panasonic Changer for her at the time with the cabling required to fit it into the yaris.

We've since moved through a corolla and are now on a New Passat so no need for the changer but I do have the unit at home gathering dust.

We had it installed under the drivers seat and it was perfect. I'll have a word with her over the weekend and see if she wants to sell.

If we're selling i'll post it up on FS forum and will update here.

But is answer to question - yep it can be done and quite easily.

Advertisement