Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Ram 512mb or 1.5gigs is the question

Options
  • 03-01-2006 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Got my lovelly shiney new ASUS M6Va today with 512mb of ram pre-installed.
    I have a 1gig stick of ram here that i had bough a few weeks ago with the idea of using that instead of the 512mb so i would have 1gig.
    The reason i got a gig was because i wanted at least 1gig ram and i got a 1gig stick to keep the option open for another gig in the future (got 2 slots for ram).

What performance difference would i notice between 1gig and 1.5gigs?

I was going to sell the 512mb and use the 1gig stick, what 512 worth now?

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

If it's DDR then not too much - http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=124124&cks=PRL .

There probably isn't need for 1.5 gigs but if it was up to me I'd keep it for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

It's DDR2 533Mhz, should have mentioned, bit more like this.

I'm not sure what to do, some money is always nice (maybe not much). Going to have to sell it anyway if i ever wanted 2gigs of RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Sher no harm in throwin it up for sale. You might get 50 quid. I wouldn't sell it for much less.

Advertisement