Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Bowl Parties in Dublin

Options
  • 03-01-2006 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Anyone hear if any pubs / clubs / venues are holding any Super Bowl parties this year in Dublin. I know the Portobello used to have one but it was sold last year so waitin on them to get back to me.
    If anyone has any ideas, let us know. I'll post if i here anything.
    Go Pats
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I know buskers had a sign up saying they show the games, dunno how good it is though. They might have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

I think either Oil Can Harry's or Howl at the Moon have one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I would think the http://www.woolshedbaa.com/ on parnell street would be showing it, they show all the games during the season so I cant think why they wouldnt show the big one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

Yeah, I thought the wool shed would have it. Have been trying the Hard Rock and Portobello too. Just to get an idea where they're all on. I'll popst if I get anything else from the other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭irishraven

Well...its just a back up but i'll prob end up going to Buskers! Should be a fun one!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

The DCU Saints American Football club will be hosting our own party.

I'll post up some details once everything is worked out.

The Portobello is holding a big party again this year. Coors light and JD promotions, cheerleaders, hot dogs, prizes. Sounds like a good one. Might be tickets or just arrive early. I'll post any updates....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Check out http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~usfball/ BIG Superbowl party!!!

The North Dublin Marshals will be holding a party in the Woolshed on Parnell St. for anyone who might be interested. Details will be announced later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

There's always one in Captain America's, I've been there the last 3/4 years.

• Advertisement

I can only assume that all these places will be staying open for the whole match and not just till 2am. Maybe I'm just showing my ignorance?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Alright folks,

it looks like the DCU Saints will be holding our Superbowl Party in Buskers.

should be good, we have a few interesting ideas for the night in the works.

I'll keep ye posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Hornet

A number of people wrote they would post updates about their plans or findings re Super Bowl parties. Any news? Can you please post as well if the pubs charge?

Is the Buskers event for DCU people only? Or maybe for students only?

And now the other big question:

Call me weird, but I would like to see the WHOLE game! I don't know exactly when kick-off will be, but undoubtedly the game will go longer than the pubs are open. Do people seriously consider to leave the pub then and to go home and miss the rest of the game or at least a big part? :eek:

--Hornet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Hornet wrote:
    Call me weird

ok, weird...
    uh,i think the buskers thing is for everyone. more info on www.dcusaints.com
    and i heard that people might be allowed stay to watch the end of the game, after the bar closes

Buskers only has a licenses until 1am on sundays. unless they get an extension for this sunday yous wont be allowed stay till the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

Will The Woolshed show the whole game?

Yes mvp*, they will be showing the whole game. A fair few marshals will be there.

*sorry I just had to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭yamo

:mad:

was in buskers for the superbowl last year and they threw everyone out before the start of the fourth quarter!

they weren't even nice about it. a bunch of hired goon types took drinks off tables and generally acted like saps. a manager type told me he wanted to go home when i asked him why he was switching off the tv with one quarter remaining...

perhaps they should have checked to see what time the superbowl usually finishes at before advertising a party where fans were supposedly going to be able to watch the whole thing....

Yamo, thanks for that information! That is good to know.

Rugbug, are you hinting that this year will be diffferent? How certain are you?

--Hornet

it wont be different. No bar is gonna risk its license to allow a few people to watch the superbowl. THey will have no problem kicking you out whenever they want too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 paulbreen84

The Portobello Pub is showing Super Bowl XL
    Coverage starts on Sky One at 10pm. Kick-off is scheduled for 11.20. The bar has a late licence. Alcohol will be served til 2am. They will be showing the match in its entirety. It is not a tickets only event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I just phoned Captain America's, they aren't showing the game tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

emlou87 wrote: »
    The Arlington Hotel in Temple Bar just acroos from Dublin castle are showing the whole superbowl game!! Free finger food and special offers on drinks, going to be a great night!!:)

Do you work for them? :D You posted in the stickied thread and then posted in a thread that is 3 years old :D:D:D Me thinks you work for ze Arlington ;)

I don't think it is a problem if emlou87 is working for the Arlington as long as the information is correct, but I have some concerns there:

It is a Sunday evening and the game starts at 23:30. The bar in the Arlington is Legends and they normally open on Sundays until 23:00. Slight problem maybe?

Let's assume they get a bar extension and open longer: I guess you have to assume that the game goes on for at least 2 hours!? I am interested in American Football, but am not an expert, so please correct me if I am wrong.
    That would bring us at least to 01:30 until the game is over.

However a game can last longer than 3 hours if I am not totally wrong, so what then? Three quarters through the game your thrown out of the pub?

If any pub advertises that they show the game, ask them until when they are open on that Sunday night. And in most cases you will find out that the best place to watch the FULL game is outside of any licensed premises!

Back to you emlou87: Until when is the Arlington Open on that night???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Hornet wrote: »
    I don't think it is a problem if emlou87 is working for the Arlington as long as the information is correct, but I have some concerns there:

It is a Sunday evening and the game starts at 23:30. The bar in the Arlington is Legends and they normally open on Sundays until 23:00. Slight problem maybe?

Let's assume they get a bar extension and open longer: I guess you have to assume that the game goes on for at least 2 hours!? I am interested in American Football, but am not an expert, so please correct me if I am wrong.

However a game can last longer than 3 hours if I am not totally wrong, so what then? Three quarters through the game your thrown out of the pub?

If any pub advertises that they show the game, ask them until when they are open on that Sunday night. And in most cases you will find out that the best place to watch the FULL game is outside of any licensed premises!

All the bars that stay "open" for it lock their doors and stop serving after hours. Woolshed have shown the Full Superbowl as have others. I know Dandelion and the place where UCD are having theirs will stay "open" for the whole game.

As for her post you missed my point. She posted the same post in 2 different threads on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭RockRory

Hornet wrote: »

Legends is also a hotel bar, maybe they will use this to keep the bar open. Residents and all that, ;) afaik the whole game will be shown. Maybe call the hotel to find out for sure 01 6708777

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭RockRory

RockyRory wrote: »
    Legends is also a hotel bar, maybe they will use this to keep the bar open. Residents and all that, ;) afaik the whole game will be shown. Maybe call the hotel to find out for sure 01 6708777
    not my first post by the way, used to be RockRory but couldnt get it back after the changes last week :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kelleyt2001

This is an idea if you are looking for a super bowl party this year, Colts versus Saints. Meet at the Porterhouse in Temple Bar at 8.30pm Sunday. Here is the link I saw http://www.thedublincitypubcrawl.com.

Advertisement