Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

theravader buddhism in Galway. Help Please

Options
  • 02-01-2006 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    I've been trying to learn about buddhism meditation from books. I would now like to expand my knowledge with the help of a meditation teacher in the Galway City area. I am interested in theravader buddhism, but I do not know where to turn too. Would anyone on this notice be able to point me in the right direction? A contact would be great!!

Thanks All.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 AnonymousBloke

Afraid I don't know of anywhere in Galway. For some reason Theravadan Buddhism seems a bit thin on the ground in Ireland unfortunately. There is a centre in Clare though that's connected with it, visited it once, it's a lovely spot, and they have regular courses and retreats, they might know of people in Galway: Sunyata.

There are Vipassana retreats in Ireland too-it seems to get classified as Theravadan (excuse my ignorance if this is wrong any Theravadan practitioners): Vipassana

Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GalwayDarren

Thank you for your kind & indepth answer to my question.

Advertisement