Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stubborn DFI Nf2 Ultra infinity (wont boot)

Options
  • 02-01-2006 5:23pm
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

My DFI board usually works fine with my ballistix and generic ram, but the other day it crashed and it wont boot since then, I tried single sticks in different slots, and i cleared the CMOS and i cant get it to boot, nothing is broken it just wont boot, I hear that this happens other DFI boards too and was hoping that someone has a solution

I am also having trouble installing windows, I press F6 to install the Silicon Image sil3114 Sata link drivers, and windows can read the floppy but it wont copy the files????

Someone please help:o :o

I just got a XFX 6800gt and i cant use it:mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Have ya tried flashing to a new bios?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I have considered using Tmods Cd to flash to a new bios, but how do i flash to a new bios when it wont even boot as far as the BIOS screen:( :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Ah its dead dead?? Hmmmm let me think bout it for a while

Ok, and hopefully it isnt dead

and can you RMA a DFI board directly in Ireland, its only a year old

Ok its starting to look like its dead, i have tried everything:mad: :mad: :mad:

I have it outside the case with just ram, vga, and cpu and no boot, I have tried different ram in different sllots, this is my last DFI until they get a equal balance of overclockability/stability, because this is ridiculous, I will try a socket a mobo tomorrow just to check the other components:( :confused: :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement