Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Podcasts

• 02-01-2006 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Help - got a fab mp3 player (not ipod) and want to download a load of podcasts - can I use itunes?? It wont recognise my player, so I am using Juice instead, but don't like it:o
    Maybe I am being dim,but have had rather a few vodka martinis and am not altogetherr with it!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

ok help - I need Ricky Gervais episode one please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love vodka martinis:)

does nobody love me??? I have had to endure a million episodes of Top Gear so I need to relax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Ritalin is your friend.

damien.m wrote:
    Ritalin is your friend.

not very funny:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Neither is your spamming every 20 minutes...

iTunes on Mac can be used with 3rd party players.

Oh wow, never knew that. I guess it's because they want Mac users to use iTunes as their only media player, ipod or not.

What? I am not spamming

If someone doesn't answer you after 30 minutes on a relatively quiet forum doesn't mean you won't get an answer. I personally didn't reply to you because I use iTunes to get my podcast for my iPod and so couldn't suggest an alternative.
    If you want you can use iTunes to get your podcasts but you just won't be able transfer them directly to your mp3 player, you'll need to do it manually. For example, all songs on my iTunes are stored in My Documents/My Music, and the Podcasts can be found at:
    My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Podcasts
    Chances are yours are something similar.

flogen wrote:
    If someone doesn't answer you after 30 minutes on a relatively quiet forum doesn't mean you won't get an answer. I personally didn't reply to you because I use iTunes to get my podcast for my iPod and so couldn't suggest an alternative.
    If you want you can use iTunes to get your podcasts but you just won't be able to do much with them... unless you can find out where they're stored on your PC and then you can transfer them manually.
    Alternatively, use iTunes to burn the files to CD, and then re-rip them to the format of your choice. This is the most likely option for 3rd party players, as they most likely won't support Apple's DRM.

Alternatively, use iTunes to burn the files to CD, and then re-rip them to the format of your choice. This is the most likely option for 3rd party players, as they most likely won't support Apple's DRM.

Most podcasts wouldn't have DRM issues and would be mp3 format anyway, so that shouldn't make a difference really

• Advertisement

Thank you for your replies - I didn't realise that editing my post after 10 minutes constitutes spamming, but there you are - learn something new every day I suppose.

dragona wrote:
    Thank you for your replies - I didn't realise that editing my post after 10 minutes constitutes spamming, but there you are - learn something new every day I suppose.
    It doesn't. Replying to yourself every 10 minutes to keep the thread on the front page does.

It doesn't. Replying to yourself every 10 minutes to keep the thread on the front page does.

Aidan - don't know what you are on about. Think you have got the wrong end of the stick.
    Thanks to all who have replied - think I'll drop it now!

Advertisement