Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music to my song

Options
  • 02-01-2006 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey all,

As a die hard Blues lover, even before I started singing the Blues, I tried my hand at writing a few lyrics.... maybe that is a bit of an understatement because by now, I have about 25 good (and some not so good :cool: ) Blues songs laying around. Most of these have already got melodies to them, some don't but I'm working on that.

So I am basically looking for this:

I am obviously less talented in writing music than in lyrics and this is fine with me. But is there anyone out there who can put some chords to my song, cause, see, I have this wish....

I want to have a cd with some of my songs before I lose my looks, hair and /or voice.

Any composers out there who can help me fulfill this...:confused: ?????

Unfortunately there is no compensation involved, although of course you will receive my eternal gratitude. And isn't that way better than a ton of money in the bank...:rolleyes: ??

;) Brenda

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

I'm of no use to you but i would like to wish u the best of luck all the same.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

What are the lyrics and I'll try. It'd be hard though because I don't know how you like to sing it. Sure I'll give it a bash anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

brenda wrote:
    Hey all,

As a die hard Blues lover, even before I started singing the Blues, I tried my hand at writing a few lyrics.... maybe that is a bit of an understatement because by now, I have about 25 good (and some not so good :cool: ) Blues songs laying around. Most of these have already got melodies to them, some don't but I'm working on that.

So I am basically looking for this:

I am obviously less talented in writing music than in lyrics and this is fine with me. But is there anyone out there who can put some chords to my song, cause, see, I have this wish....

I want to have a cd with some of my songs before I lose my looks, hair and /or voice.

Any composers out there who can help me fulfill this...:confused: ?????

Unfortunately there is no compensation involved, although of course you will receive my eternal gratitude. And isn't that way better than a ton of money in the bank...:rolleyes: ??

;) Brenda
    Get yourself a tape recorder and just start singing out what you hear in your head. Make the sounds of the instruments with your voice and create a small sort of demo of what the song should sound like. That will make it easier for you to get across what the song should sound like to the musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

brenda wrote:
    Hey all,

;) Brenda

I like money!!

have you any recordings of you singing the melodies that you can send??

Fusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brenda

Fusion251 wrote:
    have you any recordings of you singing the melodies that you can send??

Fusion

Soon, if you're interested, I can send them to you....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

Hi, Brenda,

You're probably sorted by now, but if not, I'm a composer who likes it when he hears someone doesn't think money is the reason they're an artist. Sensible.

I'm also on the permanent look-out for a vocalist, but that wouldn't be the deciding factor.

If you like, you can e-mail me some lyrics if you feel like it (wrap at operamail dot com), let me throw a few notes together and if you hate it, you can let me down gently.

Best wishes, whatever you decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

brenda wrote:
    Soon, if you're interested, I can send them to you....

Sure you can send them to me, drop me a pm when you get them done, I have a studio so I'll be able to add some music to them and see how they sound.

Fusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 jg05

Im a drummer and I'm big into blues if thats any use!??!

Jst PM me!

Advertisement