Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pianist

Options
  • 02-01-2006 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Could someone try to explain to me why this film is banned in Egypt:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Prob cause Roman Polanski was the director.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

yea just remembered bout that statutory rape case. But would that be the reason behind it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Family Guy and The Matrix Reloaded are banned in Egypt ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

strange aul place. power mad film censor:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Good film though - those Egyptians are missing out.

The scene where he plays piano for the Nazi officer was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

simu wrote:
    Good film though - those Egyptians are missing out.

The scene where he plays piano for the Nazi officer was excellent.
    Na egyptinigh bochta!!!
    Brilliant movie and amazing director

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I don't care for the majority of Roman Polanski's films tbh, I missed this tonight and from the sounds of it - it seems I missed something good of his for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Could someone try to explain to me why this film is banned in Egypt:confused::confused::confused:
    They're probably still bitter about the whole 'Moses' thing, the "Let my people go!" rigmarole fresh in their memories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

It's a truly awful film, you didn't miss a thing and I don't think the egyptians are missing much either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

It's a truly awful film, you didn't miss a thing and I don't think the egyptians are missing much either.
    I thought it was pretty good. The main actor was excellent, the film really gave a feel of the atmosphere in those ghettoes during the war.

• Advertisement
Advertisement