Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

obie trice shot in the head!

Options
  • 01-01-2006 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭

Obie Trice was shot this morning (Dec. 31) while driving on a freeway in Detroit, Michigan.

The rapper was traveling on The Lodge Freeway just after 1:00 am, when someone in another vehicle open-fired on the car Trice was driving, with his girlfriend as a passenger.

"He got shot in the head," Obie Trice's manager Terry Wilson told AllHipHop.com. "He was driving his Range Rover on the Lodge Freeway, after leaving a Mike Epps after party."

According to police, a wounded Obie Trice continued driving and exited in the suburb of Southfield, where his girlfriend flagged down police officers.

Trice was rushed to the hospital, treated and released.

taken from http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5205

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

if a guy was shot in the head over here he wouldnt be able to go home for weeks if not him dieing, but obie gettin shot in the head driving for a bit and then going home a few hours later is insane.. what do you guys think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Sparky1808

Only in America...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

yup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

it must of been a potatoe gun or something? He must have some gangland beef with the irish mafia!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

sounds like just another rapper whose starved of attention and needs a little publicity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭john^doyle

sounds like just another rapper whose starved of attention and needs a little publicity

ROFL yeah - cos when i want attention i hire some people to hit me

attention seeking is turning into a bit of a problem now, 50 now obie ,ROFL

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Man that is just ****ed up...

cheesedude wrote:
    Man that is just ****ed up...

a mod cursing? wdf?

a mod cursing? wdf?

Shut it geek features.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

attention seeking is turning into a bit of a problem now, 50 now obie ,ROFL

Yea 2 things in 7 years im seeing a pattern :eek:

50 used his 9 shots to get attention bout 2 years ago when in da club came out so its not long ago

Yea and im not saying that obie wont say anything about it but its hardly like he got himself shot or faked it. Things happen these guys make enemies and others see them as targets to make money look at camron although thats not exactly clear why they shot him either.

50 was shot cause he pissed people off and they wanted him dead and I think he had a genuine reason to talk about it although it was mainly talked about by the press, dosnt look like the same thing to me at all although I do see the funny side of it seems everyone on shady has been shot at some point well except the man himself.

nobodys got beef with him really thats why... hes smart in a way, did dre ever get shot or snoop? they dont have beef with many people, i remember last years vibe awards someone tried to kill dre but young buck stabbed the lad and the outcome was last week that hes not going to jail but doing like 4 years of probation or something and 80 hours of community service

When you say nobody has beef with him do you mean with eminem ? he has more beef than the local butcher im sure theres more than a few people who would be happy to see him getting shot up.

Dont think dre has ever been shot he beat a woman up once but dont think anything ever happened to him and your right he does keep away from beef well apart from with JD but that was more funny than insulting. Dont think snoop was shot either but he has some series enemies the obvious one being suge.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,822 ✭✭✭✭cormie

None of you have seen Easy-E's "Real Compton City G's" video? It's a video which is just Anti-Dre basically calling him a fake. There's also snoops murder question mark. Maybe they just both came out the lucky ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Dre has been shot but I can't remember what it was in relation to. It may have been crossfire or a robbery or something.

Snoop had assasination attempts on him couple of years back...google it...insane ****. Some of these guys are just walking bait...sooner or later they will all be shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Yeah Makaveli, suprisingly I have never actually seen anything regarding Dres shooting online, but Snoop said it happened in an MTV interview, back around the time the Chronic was released (iirc Snoop said that Dre was carrying ALOT of money when he was shot, and was greatful that Snoop and whoever, Kurupt maybe, hadnt robbed him while he was wounded:D )

So on Shady/G Unit/Aftermath the bullet list now reads

50 Cent
    Lloyd Banks (he was shot on September 10th 2001, he regained consciousness just in time to see the attacks next day apparently)
    Young Buck
    The Game
    Dr Dre
    One of D12 (not that Bugz lad who died, one of its current members was shot back in the day, Kon Artis i think)
    Obie Trice

There is actually not one member of G Unit who hasnt either been shot or been in prison (Yayo hasnt yet been shot, but his jail adventures are well known. Fool got released and was immediately caged again for using a false passport :D )

Er, no Dre, I think Ill take Def Jams record deal instead....:)

IIRC Ghostface Killah has been shot on 3 seperate occasions. Now hes a bad muthafcuka! :)

anybody else from wu-tang been shot up? gza rza u-god method etc etc?

• Advertisement

Dont think everyone on guit has been shot, I dont think olivia has hehe and not sure but never heard anything about mobb deep or mop getting shot up. Has mase been ? im not too sure.

In saying that its not just g unit who use the i got shot card to get credit, pretty much every rapper on def jam has the same I got shot thing going on. Just a product of black culture that shootings are more likly givin the poor conditions. Its strange that it works cause shouldnt it be the shooters getting the credit and if you hear of a white guy getting shot it somehow makes him look like a victim rather than a tough guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

anybody else from wu-tang been shot up? gza rza u-god method etc etc?

ODB had been shot (who else :D )iirc when he caught someone burgling a relatives apartment. I was in NY on holiday at the time, was only about 11, had never heard of wu tang really, but the fact the newsreader read out "Rapper Old Dirty Bastard was shot in Brooklyn today...." made me laugh:D

Rza (or Gza, Rza I think) beat an attempted murder charge after he was found to have shot someone in self defence in the early 90s. I think U-God served serious time on drugs and weapons offences (4 years i think)

Truth is wu tang are the most fcukin grimey gang of bastards that ever came out of NY :)

Advertisement