Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need overclocking help with fx55 on sli-dr expert

Options
  • 31-12-2005 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

doesnt seem to be ocing well on the mach 2, can boot into windows @ 3.4ghz but not stable, not even stable @ 3.1ghz

vcore @ 1.648
    vdimm - 3.3v
    @ 2-2-2-5 2t
    either ocing using multi or ram doesnt seem to make it stable
    so i dont think its ram holding it back
    i upped the vcore to 1.75 and that did not stabilise it either
    could be just a crappy cpu for ocing???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

What mXfsb are u running. Post your a64tweaker shot here so i can see ur ram it could be fiddly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

What mXfsb are u running. Post your a64tweaker shot here so i can see ur ram it could be fiddly

it can run at like 500mhz fsb @ 2-2-2-5 2t
    but cpu doesnt seem to want to be stable even just using the multiplier (running @ 400mhz fsb)

i dont have a64tweaker installed, it isnt the ram holding it back though, so thats not the problem i think

Cold Bug on the CPU maybe.
    Try the multiprocessor acpi tweak..

The "Ricky Tweak" AKA multi CPU ACPI
    Control panel > system > hardware > device manager > expand computer > right click "ACPI uniprocessor PC" > update driver > don't go to MS update, chose to install from list, select "ACPI multiprocessor PC" > install > reboot

Cold Bug on the CPU maybe.
    Try the multiprocessor acpi tweak..

i tried it, il see if it makes any difference,

anything else i can test stability with, prime95 craps out after 1 min, but EVERYTHING else seems fine... i had this before, even though the oc is stable prime95 craps out.

Any suggestions?

seems to have done nothing.. prime95 is crapping out after 2mins

• Advertisement

ok ws using the pc ALL last night playing games, no crashes @ 3.1ghz, then i reboot and pc was hanging when getting into windows and if i reset then it went dead. so i switched it off for about 20mins and switched back on... now completly dead.

FFS, this is a nightmare build :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Might be a nightmare build but by god is it some build... DubDvd has an FX55, pm him.. he might be able to help, wizzard tried had it for a while too so he might have some info too

unklerosco wrote:
    Might be a nightmare build but by god is it some build... DubDvd has an FX55, pm him.. he might be able to help, wizzard tried had it for a while too so he might have some info too

its more the dfi mobo i think is causing the problems

i dont know really, never encountered problems like this :(

beforer anyone suggests the cpu dying issue with the expert... i had it flashed to latest beta bios which is supposed to solve that.
    It worked for 12 hours all lastnite no problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Nightmare!

Inquitus wrote:
    Nightmare!

i know, im am so tempted on splitting it and selling it, SO much hassle :mad:

• Advertisement

Any luck yet man? CPU alive??

Any luck yet man? CPU alive??

i dont know man, im taking a break from it, it is doing my head in, just chilling out.

any suggestions as to why a reboot would cause that problem?

When ya switched it back on what happeded? Anything at all? Diagnostic LEDs?

When ya switched it back on what happeded? Anything at all? Diagnostic LEDs?

now what happens is.. it boots for like 10seconds, even in bios and then freezes, i press reset switch and all goes blank and nothing and 4 leds stay lit:mad:

even after a bios reset

Have u tried a different mobo?? The DFI's see, to be giving alot of problems lately.. Custom PC reviewd there latest crossfire one n said they wouldn't use it in a system that was to be used as a main(stable) PC as its far to unstable... Only suitable as a overclocking side project mobo(sure we all have money to be buy top of the range mobo's for side projects..)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sounds like a unstable cpu issue. I think you got a bad oc'ing core.

turns out it was a bluetooth dongle causing THATproblem, but more problems, pc did boot to bios and i changed some settings (boot order + left everything at stock speed + voltage), and reboot... all 4 leds stayed on and pc didnt boot, i reset bios... still no boot...

So that is where i stand now..... i pulled battery and i am gonna leave it out overnight and try and boot tomorrow.. this pc is cursed or something mad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

gline wrote:
    turns out it was a bluetooth dongle causing THATproblem, but more problems, pc did boot to bios and i changed some settings (boot order + left everything at stock speed + voltage), and reboot... all 4 leds stayed on and pc didnt boot, i reset bios... still no boot...

So that is where i stand now..... i pulled battery and i am gonna leave it out overnight and try and boot tomorrow.. this pc is cursed or something mad.gif

Gotta love the DFI ;) Mine is every bit as tempremental as yours. I dread having to go into the bios for anything, half the time it results in cold boots :(

BTW is it memtest stable at all? I find it a good starting place, windows stability is usually one step below memtest stability

Dman_15 wrote:
    Gotta love the DFI ;) Mine is every bit as tempremental as yours. I dread having to go into the bios for anything, half the time it results in cold boots :(

BTW is it memtest stable at all? I find it a good starting place, windows stability is usually one step below memtest stability
    yeh memtest stable

wow..taking out the battery seemed to do the trick

im booted at stock speeds no bother, now i have to overclock at some stage :(

probably meens leaving out the battery a few times eventually :mad:

• Advertisement

ok frozen again when i try to oc, i read a thread on dfi-street about overheating nf4 chipsets because of the crappy chipset coolers, i think this maybe an issue, i must check the temp of it when i can boot again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

try increasing chipset voltage, if you havnt already. I had to do this when i used fsb over 275

Dman_15 wrote:
    try increasing chipset voltage, if you havnt already. I had to do this when i used fsb over 275

nah sure it is now freezing at stock speed. The pc boots and about 5seconds later it shuts down now.... damn dfi, dont think id go with them again.

gline wrote:
    damn dfi, dont think id go with them again.

Asus all the way... I had a DFI ages ago on a S478 setup, lasted a day before the bios killed itself, got a re-flashed bios n it died again. Have used Asus boards since n they've always been rock solid..

Advertisement