Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smurfit School of Business, UCD, laptop requirements?

Options
  • 31-12-2005 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi im new here and im goin to smurfit next year to do a masters of accounting and i was looking for advice on the system requirements for laptops in smurfit.

Im buying a laptop now cuz i could seriously use it and wanted to make sure i had the essentials on the laptop so i wudnt have to get a new one in september.

can anybody help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

smurfit next year to do a masters of accounting
    I was told by a friend that they would supply the laptop because it was a requirment.
    Anyways what your looking for is something in the range of this:

1.6GHz processor either intel or amd doesnt really matter if its just for course work (stay away from P4 tho),
    80GB HDD,
    512MB Ram or more if you want, 1GB is nice,
    wireless LAN,
    Graphics card doesnt really matter if your not going playing games or using any graphic intensive programs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

What he said ^^^ .. I'd also make sure it's got at least a DVD drive on it too, if not a DVDRW ... you know you'll want to burn CD/DVD and watch films...

Plenty of USB ports too, and a decent battery life would be a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

Cheers i have a pc at home with broadband that does just about everything so id just be lukin for one for Smurfit and college work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

if u contact the iltg group at smurfit (http://iltgserver.ucd.ie/iltg/) they'll be able to tell you what the requirements are for laptops in ucd.

It prob won't be too different from what ARGINITE said. I think min requirements is for windows, someway to connect to network (ethernet/wireless) and anti virus software. Any half decent laptop on sale today will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

thanks again ill contact them

• Advertisement
Advertisement