Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inside a shoebox

Options
  • 31-12-2005 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Inside a shoe box
    I keep memories and
    all that you gave me.

All that you gave me
    was everything I wanted and
    more than I could hope for.

More than I could hope for,
    I should have known
    was far too much for me to ask.

Far too much for us to last.

Once again comments/suggestions on this are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

OMG. I have so been there. I even have a damn shoebox!! Filled with silly crap and memories.
    Its one great piece of writing, keep it up.
    I was nearly crying by the last line for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

I like the repetition in the lines; adds a unique and nice effect to the poem. I too can feel the sadness in the lines; very well written :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lu22

i love this, i feel and have felt everything you managed to squeeze in to such a short few words! brilliant, i love it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

I really like it, it's well written and very powerful. I'm not sure about the first bit though. "I kept memories and all that you gave me" seems to jar a bit. I think it might work better if you rephrased it and said "everything you gave me".
    Good job though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Oakburner

stick with all that you gave me in that line. excellent work man. enjoy that feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

I've come back and having read it again I'd say leave it, don't know what I was smoking last time.
    Great job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jimmy-James

Great work dude i really like this one a lot, possibly even more than your last one which was really good too. Keep up the good work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Excellent. I think it doesn't need the last line though, but that's just me.
    I would have liked a cliff-hanger.

Keep it up. Best thing I have read in a long long time.

Advertisement