Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breathing during swing

Options
  • 31-12-2005 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

I noticed something at the range yesterday. Usually I set up to my swing, get nice and relaxed, take a few breaths, give a few wiggles then swing, but I noticed that during my swing im holding my breath and only releasing after I complete my swing. Is this common, it cant be right can it? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Babybing wrote:
    I noticed something at the range yesterday. Usually I set up to my swing, get nice and relaxed, take a few breaths, give a few wiggles then swing, but I noticed that during my swing im holding my breath and only releasing after I complete my swing. Is this common, it cant be right can it? Thanks.

I never think about it, and tbh I dont think it would make the blindest bit of difference.

If your playing someone in a fourball ask 'do you breathe in or out at the start of your downswing?' Watch it destroy their game :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

Dman_15 wrote:
    If your playing someone in a fourball ask 'do you breathe in or out at the start of your downswing?' Watch it destroy their game :D

Haha that's evil... I love it!!

I don't breathe either though, considering a swing takes a second or two, it's not something i'd think about at the time either..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i think its safe to say breathing doesnt affect your swing unless your a hardcore asmatic behatch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

i think its safe to say breathing doesnt affect your swing unless your a hardcore asmatic behatch

What the f*** have you got against people who have asthma. Just be damned lucky that you don't have it; it is something that can be very uncomfortable to them. If you don't have anything productive to say on this thread then don't say anything.:mad:

In regards to breathing; the idea is that you take 2 deep breaths before you swing to relax your muscles and relieve any tension you might have before you step up to the ball. It also helps your tempo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Calm down ..I'm sure DOC didn't mean any offence...altho it's a pretty insensitive way to state it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Dman_15 wrote:
    I never think about it, and tbh I dont think it would make the blindest bit of difference.

if i ever play you i'll be listening to my ipod, that suggestion of yours is pure evil, :D
    i find i breathe in beofre my backswing and exhale on my follow through, guess it's a bit of a primitive psychological thing about hitting it harder, when it really makes no difference at all

Advertisement