Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racquet Ball in Kildare

Options
  • 31-12-2005 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Anyone know of raquetball courts or squash in newbridge naas portlaoise area ? thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

I know of a few courts, but they are handball only

Theu don't let a racquet inside the door

Damn right in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Thirdmantackle, this is a warning, don't bother posting here any more if you're not going to post anything related to racquet sports.

The GAA forum is probably more up your eh ... Alley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

he asked a question, I answered it

No, you didn't.

The OP asked about racquetball courts, not handball alleys.

You're just being a muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭megadodge

The OP asked about racquetball courts, not handball alleys.

Are you aware that they are one and the same thing ?

• Advertisement

I'm sure you saw the idiotic response that thirdmantackle gave. It was unhelpful and that kind of idiocy is not welcome here.

*sigh*

How many GAA clubs actively promote the use of their handball alleys for use as racquetball courts?

I've played handball all over the country for the past 12 years and haven't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭megadodge

To be completely fair, the first two lines of Thirdmantackle's response are hard fact.

In general the handball fraternity don't like or promote raquetball, therefore if the OP was to go to one of the handball courts in Kildare (or most other counties) chances are he would not be allowed play raquetball there.

The third line was I suspect a tongue-in-cheek remark which seems to have rankled with you for some reason or other.
    How many GAA clubs actively promote the use of their handball alleys for use as racquetball courts?

You could have deleted the last five words and made an even more valid point, but that's another issue I suppose.

Anyway, you're making the same point !!

All of your posts have been off topic, the OP asked for info on racquetball in Kildare. Neither you, nor thirdmantackle have offered information, or advice and as such are just spamming this board. The first two lines of Thridmantackle's post might have been hard fact, but they were irelevant and he wasn't posting these hard facts in an attempt to be helpful, he was posting to be an unhelpful idiot and his posts aren't welcome if he's going to have that attitude. The GAA forum is for discussion of handball which is what he appears to want to discuss.

If you want to discuss the GAA's promotion of handball in general then go to the GAA forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Lilygilly

Tradman, did you ever get a reply to your question I would be interested to knwo the answer?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tradman

Sorry never got a reply still no raquetball courts so i might have to look at squash :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 tradman

Just found Curragh Squash in the Curragh Camp in Newbridge. Its in the army barracks but they have nothing to do with it anymore - its all civilians. They have 3 courts in good condition (and a fourth which will eventually be done up). They also have a small but decent gym too.

The whole venue is being done up at the moment with new dressing rooms.(its a bit rough and ready in places) but the guy running it is on the ball. 150 euro for the year (Sep-Sep) and 1 euro for 20 minutes lights. Contact Neil Brannigan 086 3001077

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Heres another place
    http://caryclub.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭dizzyg

Naas Squash club is definitely worth a look.

PM me if you want a contact number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Joseph Sheridan

Nass Health and Fitness,
    Monread Road,
    Naas.

3 glass back courts with lots of activity. You can book your time by phone or e-mail.
    They also have competitive squash of all levels.
    Coaching and racquet re-stringing also available.

/snip
    naashealthandfitness.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Please read the charter. No advertising or zombie threads.

/locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement