Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with spec for new mid range pc

Options
  • 30-12-2005 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,863 ✭✭✭✭

Hi fellas, havent been here as much as i used to ever since i inflicted a 12mnth upgrade cycle on my pc anyway upgrade time has come about and i quite like the look of the new ss sugo.

Basically at the moment i have a cm praetorian in black (basically the old 201), a 120mm 450w psu, K8n with an a64 3200 in it, half a gig of pc3200 and a trusty 9800 pro.

Ill have to get a matx mobo to go in the case but i presume i can keep the psu? SHould i change the cpu or have things moved on much since? i will also upgrade the gfx to prolly an x800 or something a lil quicker. Mostly use the pc for surfing and the odd game so it doesnt need to be the latest and greatest but i dont want something that will be uselss in 6 months.

So a) is the sugo an okay case to work with and
    b) any suggestions on spec?

Happy new year all :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The Sugo looks very well imo. Do you really need a SFF?
    Rear 1 x 60mm exhaust fan, 3000rpm, 23dBA
    Optional cross-flow fan
    Sides 1 x 80mm intake fan 2050rpm, 21dBA
    Top 1 x 60mm fan slot

Those tiny fans at high revs generating noise of only 21-23dBA? Not a hope in hell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,863 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

dont need but i do want :)

havent loads of space and like SFF :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

go for one of the 939shuttle imo

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

go for one of the 939shuttle imo

I second that, they are great little Pcs and they have a heatpipe cooler and you can fit a full size graphics card in:eek: :eek: :eek:

Advertisement