Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrassing Sin City problem

Options
  • 30-12-2005 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Okay, hopefully this is the right forum, as it's film-related (kinda).

I just picked up Sin City on DVD in Virgin. However, now that I've taken the plastic wrapping off, I've found that there's some sort of red plastic seal on the box, like a little red button halfway down the 'seam' (or whatever you call it where the two 'doors' meet), which is preventing me from opening it.

I've tried pushing it in while opening, I've tried prying the little thing out, and I've tried forcing it open, but I'm close to breaking the box, and I don't want to do that.

Am I missing something really obvious here? Has anyone else come across the same problem and does anyone know how I can open the bloody thing?

Thanks (in advance, and in shame).

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

isnt that a security lock that should have been taken off when u bought it?
    just return it and make sure u have the receipt as they may think u decided to "borrow" it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Edit:

I lie. It's a security anti-theft device. Bring it back to the shop and tell them to remove it.

http://www.amaray.com/redtag.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

had something similar on another dvd once, it's just a catch. get a fingernail in the top and flick the red button open.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Doctor Benway

Cheers,

Just had a look, and it's definitely the red tag thing, so I'll have to go back in tomorrow (or sometime).

Bloody Virgin Liffey Valley morons! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

ah right sorry about that man, a lot of the amercian dvds have catches on the side, thought it was that, sounds like a bummer, do you have far to travel,
    funny a mate of mine bought an xbox game in virgin dundrum and the guy gave him an empty case, he never thought to check the bag on the way out, he rang up and ate them, he lives in wicklow, not a quick trip, sounds like virgin are slipping in the customer service stakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Doctor Benway

ah right sorry about that man, a lot of the amercian dvds have catches on the side, thought it was that, sounds like a bummer, do you have far to travel,
    funny a mate of mine bought an xbox game in virgin dundrum and the guy gave him an empty case, he never thought to check the bag on the way out, he rang up and ate them, he lives in wicklow, not a quick trip, sounds like virgin are slipping in the customer service stakes

It's not too far. I live in Lucan, and the store is the one in Liffey Valley. The irritating thing is that I hate going to Liffey Valley, particularly at this time of year, as the queues at the moment are unreal. The only reason I bought the damn thing there is that someone gave me some Virgin vouchers as a present (without realising that the store on Henry Street had closed down).

I'm going to be very grumpy with them tomorrow (unless, of course, the person serving me is an attractive woman, in which case I'll be all like 'Oh, no problem, these things happen, I completely understand' because I'm so pathetic and shallow).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The latch part is only plastic tbh a stanley blade slid down the side will open that and not mark the case.

Also stay away from Liffey valley, its insane this week.

kdjac

Advertisement