Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Top Three Films Of 2005

Options
  • 30-12-2005 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭

In terms of sheer entertainment value, what would consider the Top Three of the year?

What made you laugh, cry, jump, terrifyied, warmed your heart the most, made you cry ?

What are the top three that you would consider the best of 2005?, here are mine..

1) King Kong - Absolute masterful non stop action adventure - Indiana Jones on Steriods meets Titanic

2) Serenity - Finally the series gets its cinematic debut - Maybe non so great for the non Firefly fans..but I am one and this absolutely rocked my world!! :)) (even if I saw it in [allegedly imho] the worst cinema in Ireland aka the Dundrum Disaster.. )

3) Batman Begins - Yep another action film....but these are my top three ..the ones that entertained me the most - We get to see the dark inner heart of the Batman properly, splendid scenes and of course, action to set the heart racing.

What are your top three favourites and why ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

1)Kiss Kiss Bang Bang- My surprise hit of the year. Not a scene where I wasn't crying with laughter.

2)40 Year Old Virgin- Once again a surprise hit. Some awesome acting together with a great plot made this one of my fav films of the year.

3)Sin City- Awesome movie. Looking forward to the sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

3. Howl's Moving Castle
    2. Sideways
    1. Firefly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

3) The 40 Year Old Virgin - very funny, laughed out loud a lot. A bit too long, though.

2) Serenity - great film, very entertaining. It had one of my favourite villains in a film. Also very funny.

1) Batman Begins - very intense. There were some good jokes to lighten the mood a bit, though. I enjoyed it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Downfall
    Sideways
    Sin City

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

40 Year Old Virgin
    The Constant Gardener
    Kinsey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dearheart

Tarnation
    The Edukators
    Mysterious Skin

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

king kong - it blew me away, its the exact meaning of a popcorn film, its one of my favourite films of all time

amithyville horror - great horror

hitchhikers guide to the galaxy - loved it from the very start, pure brilliance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

King Kong Popcorn all the way , the fight is worth the entrance fee alone.

Narnia its the book on the screen.

Sin City very enjoyable in a Max Payne type of way.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Downfall
    Downfall
    Downfall

No just kidding( But downfall was amazing)

Downfall
    Sin city
    Batman Begins

p.s. King Kong was incredibly mediocre and a pretty big dissaponitment(but thats for another thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Sin City
    Batman Begins
    Sideways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

batman begins
    king kong
    Narnia

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

King Kong
    Green Street Hooligans
    Batman Begins

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Doctor Benway

Sideways
    Wolf Creek
    The Forty Year Old Virgin

Well, those are the three I can think of off the top of my head. I could probably pick a different three, including King Kong, A History of Violence, Downfall, Serenity, Murderball, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Sin City, Team America and Closer.

Quick BTW: I've been trying to come up with a list for the last while, what with the various 'Best Of 2005' lists appearing in different newspapers, but I hadn't been able to find a full list of everything that came out this year. I've only just realised that ploughing through the Film Reviews forum here is probably the best bet. Well done The Internet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

http://www.empireonline.com/awards2006/

Might as well throw this in. Vote for the Empire Awards. You have to register to vote but you don't have to give your name or any contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Really am suprised at the Sideways votes, this edges out the likes of Sin City? which was an excellant film imho but not top three material (barely edged by the Batman).

Would have put Sideways (maybe position 10) with Team America, Wedding Planner, Constant Gardiner ..ie maybe top 10 material but surely not top three?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Batman Begins
    Downfall
    The Brothers Grimm (sorry love Gilliam films!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

gandalf wrote:
    Batman Begins
    Downfall
    The Brothers Grimm (sorry love Gilliam films!)

snap.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Listen guys, read the charter. We really don't need any more of these pointless spammy "Top wheveter" threads, the board really gets bogged down with far too many of these kind of threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement