Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rockability,blues,counrty,rock n'roll.

Options
  • 30-12-2005 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

hey, anyone interested in a casual experiement? i'm thinking old school rocknroll, blues, bluegrass country, birth of pop kinda stuff. chuck berry,bill haley the comets,presley,fats domino, jerry lee lewis, bo diddley,buddy holly, early johnny cash and roy orbison and revival acts like the. stray cats.

i play bass and am lookin for guitars,skins, vocals, keys and spoons.

anybody interested in playing in this style for fun? johnny b. goode,jailhouse rock and what not. stuff you can really dance to

looking for one guitarist who likes to show off with those fast clean riffs...i've no problem being part of a 'backing band'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

ferdi wrote:
    hey, anyone interested in a casual experiement? i'm thinking old school rocknroll, blues, bluegrass country, birth of pop kinda stuff. chuck berry,bill haley the comets,presley,fats domino, jerry lee lewis, bo diddley,buddy holly, early johnny cash and roy orbison and revival acts like the. stray cats.

i play bass and am lookin for guitars,skins, vocals, keys and spoons.

anybody interested in playing in this style for fun? johnny b. goode and what not/

were you watching Back To The Future yesterday too?

"guess you guys aren't ready for that, yet. But your kids are gonna love it".

Great idea though.... those classics are simply brilliant.
    Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

lol, no but i know what you mean....michael j fox slamming out j.b.g. at his parents prom night....inspirational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

easier said than done ferdi

even being part of a "big band" - who would string the whole thing together? You'd need a lot of hard work to just get the right people on board but I will say its a nice idea and there's defo plenty of work for that kind of band if you were to do it as a long-term thing.

go johnny go go go....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭loki_atwa

hey id be up for it happy playin guitar

Savman wrote:
    easier said than done ferdi

even being part of a "big band" - who would string the whole thing together? You'd need a lot of hard work to just get the right people on board but I will say its a nice idea and there's defo plenty of work for that kind of band if you were to do it as a long-term thing.

go johnny go go go....
    good point, it dost really have to be done on the big band scale though (although that'd be so cool if people were up for it) i wouldnt put myself forward asre the 'max weinberg' of the gruop, as i said, i'd be more likely to let someone else take the lead role/control....and yes i agree, there is certainly plenty of work for a band like this to be had.

so...any takers?
    loki_atwa wrote:
    hey id be up for it happy playin guitar

cool. where you based?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Brother A

Old school yeah!. I'd really be interested, I listen to that stuff all the time. I'd like to do vocals and rock & roll stage style/moves too.

ferdi wrote:
    good point, it dost really have to be done on the big band scale though (although that'd be so cool if people were up for it) i wouldnt put myself forward asre the 'max weinberg' of the gruop, as i said, i'd be more likely to let someone else take the lead role/control....and yes i agree, there is certainly plenty of work for a band like this to be had.

so...any takers?

It is tempting, but I'm already involved in a busy working band so I doubt I'd have the time to commit.

I'll stay tuned though, hope it gets going!

ferdi wrote:
    looking for one guitarist who likes to show off with those fast clean riffs

that could be asking for trouble from the Widdly woo clan :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭loki_atwa

dublin city and you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

i'll play some guitar for you, if you find an amazing guitarist though i dont mind playin rhythm. i'm learnin the sax but its not at the performing stage yet but i'm getting there. i'll pm you my no. 'cause i wont be on the net for a couple of weeks. I'm based in Dublin(blanch/castleknock) I've no probs with jammin in town. Own good equipment etc.....

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brenda

Sounds good, still looking for a female vocalist? Let me know.....

ok a good number of replies folks

i want to se e if i can get a reasonably complete line up willing before i start againing things half assed.

so far we've got
    guitar
    guitar
    bass
    fem vox

you know what we need...

can u keep me posted on this? I'd be interested in seeing how/if it works out.

I'm a Lead player meself but also play hammond & piano ;) - love that early rock n roll stuff and its an absolute joy to play live. :D

Savman wrote:
    I'm a Lead player meself but also play hammond & piano ;) - love that early rock n roll stuff and its an absolute joy to play live. :D
    its the for the simple craic of playing this music that i want to get it going. fancy playing fats domino boogie woogie blues style keys;) if your busy dont worry

leave it with me boss!

:cool:

Advertisement