Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal opportunity for walking tourism

Options
  • 30-12-2005 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭

Reported in the Irish Times today that the level of Lough Mourne between Donegal town and Letterkenny is to be raised by 15 feet with the provision of two dams to lift the water level. The decision to give the go ahead for the project was approved by An bord Pleanala. The lake size will obviously be increased. I believe with the work taking place at the Lake, it would be an ideal opportunity to establish a cinder type footpath and cycle path around the lake and create an excellent tourist attraction for the area. It wouldn't be a particularly long track so would be a facility for a half day walk, make it buggy friendly so it can be used by families - it would enhance the area a great deal. Worth campaigning for the work to be done whilst the work is being done on the new dams.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

That would involve the council using initiative. Whats the chances of that happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thats a good idea westtip and certainly something that should be encouraged.
    Perhaps people should lobby their local councillor about this idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

muffler wrote:
    Perhaps people should lobby their local councillor about this idea.

ROFL:v: Best joke I have heard this Year, so far. Local councillors my arse.

P.:cool:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Paddy20 wrote:

Yes, they may not all care much, but there's surely no harm in trying! Lobbying them is better than sitting back and doing nothing at all!

Paddy20 wrote:

And how would you try to get a walkway round the lough Paddy.

Couldn't have put that better myself byte

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

muffler wrote:
    And how would you try to get a walkway round the lough Paddy.

Couldn't have put that better myself byte

I'd buy 2 shovels, then give one each to byte & muffler so that they could 'Make a start' :D

Paddy20 wrote:
    I'd buy 2 shovels, then give one each to byte & muffler so that they could 'Make a start' :D

And when you are giving us the shovels you can really confuse us by saying "take your pick" :D:D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

ROFL :D

I'd prefer to be offered a JCB than a shovel! :)

Advertisement