Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard/Keyboard Fault

Options
  • 30-12-2005 4:51am
    Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Got a new PC case and transfered my components over.
    Went to re-install windows but my keyboards stopped working. Its not the keyboard but the keyboard port on the motherboard.

Tried a USB keyboard but I reckon there is a setting in the bios thats preventing it from working.

Needless to say can't do much with my PC without a keyboard.

Anyone with any idea's other than RMA the motherboard.

Even if I do RMA I might be out of looking as it came with a external LED display that I broke by walking on at night in the dark.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

AFAIK unless you specifically told it to do so, the BIOS wouldn't disable PS2 input (Keyboard/Mouse), maybe you could flash the BIOS again - it could be corrupted?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

why not use the USB keyboard?

It'll work, unless USB is broken

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Does the USB Keyboard work in the Bios and not in Windows? If so you you need you enable USB emulation in the bios in the devices menu.

Advertisement