Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me find a laptop in Dublin

Options
  • 29-12-2005 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for the best laptop I can get for around 1k, in Dublin, either the city or the suburbs.
    It needs to have at least an 80gb hard drive, as I want to keep all my mp3s on it. Also at least 512mb ram, and a DVD writer.
    I don't really care about anything else in it, as I mainly use it for listening to music and using CAD.
    I need to get it in the next few days, so buing online is not an option.
    I'm gonna be in england most of the time, so it'll need to be a brand, that can be repaired there, if it breaks.
    I don't want a compaq. I had one before, and they had the worst technical support I have ever seen. Every time I called, they had no record of my previous calls, and they made me sit at home all day waiting for it to be collected, and they never showed up.
    Anyway, I don't want to turn this into an anti compaq rant. Does anyone know which brands have good techinical support. I know Dell do, but they don't sell in shops, which is unfortunate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

microaid.ie.
    Excellent store, really good :). You could choose your laptop from there extensive range, hope its in stock, pay them via bank deposit and pick it up the same day :). They are located in Swords, cant tell you what a pleasure it was to deal with them :v:

Advertisement