Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Faraway Tree

Options
  • 28-12-2005 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a copy of Enid Blyton's The Faraway Tree. It was my favourite book as a child and I want to get hold of it. Does anyone know where they still sell her books? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You're lucky i'm home, i'll have a rummidge in my attic and see what i turn up... found a Mr. T annual from 1984 the last day... sweet, pretty sure i had this for ya if i find it i'll pass it on during the week...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I loved that book so much...

You should be able to get it in any good bookshop...most places sell Enid Blyton stuff, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

ClareBear wrote:
    Looking to get a copy of Enid Blyton's The Faraway Tree. It was my favourite book as a child and I want to get hold of it. Does anyone know where they still sell her books? Thanks.

I have the orignal paperback from years and years ago...my fave childhood book. I wil never part with it, but I saw the whole collection of Faraway Tree book's in Tesco's of all places last week. They are hardback and don't really look the same but the story hasn't changed!!!
    The have, 'The Faraway Tree', 'The Folk of The Faraway Tree', 'The Enchanted Woods'...and a few more ones about the lands at the top of the tree...
    Definately try there, best childrens books ever!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

I used to love those books, that Saucepan Man was my favourite, the poor deaf sod! I know they're still in the house somewhere. I'll look for them when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I think I (well my little sister) still have it on video too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Would she not be available in a standard bookstore anymore? :( Moonface, exploding toffee, weird maths problems... what fun!

I'm sure I still have it at home somewhere as would many others so you'll probably be able to find a 2nd hand edition easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I have it upstairs on my bookshelf. One of my fave books also and was a prez so afraid I won't be parting with it. I'm sure 2nd hand bookshops would have a copy of it. Enid Blyton was very popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

i grew up on enid blyton-my favourite was the naughtiest girl in the school! Well i grew up in England so it might be different over here but we were constantly told that enid blyton was bad to read when you were a kid because it gave you bad english so she was banned from many promary schools in london.There aint nuffin wrong wif my english now (i joke!)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

It's available in most book shops - we bought this for someone this year and I rang the following and they all had it: Hughes & Hughes, Hodges Figgis, Waterstone. Eason didn't have it in stock but normally do I think. I reckon you'll find it most places. If you look up amazon or a similar website and get the ISBN number it'll make it quicker if you're going into a shop asking for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Ah thanks very much everyone, will try all those places when I get back to Dublin, thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

enid blyton, bad english? gosh, i *had* wondered why an irish girl should think to talk in this manner old boy.

anyway, loved those books, didnt realise there was a cartoon of it, was it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

I used to have it, think I gave it to my little cousin though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Meant to post this a few days ago (sorry). This will save you the trouble of having to look for it in the shops:

http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&searchtype=allproducts&searchstring=faraway+tree&page=search

Ah thanks Nimrod, but I got it yesterday in Cork. Got a copy for one of my housemates too after we spent hours talking about it a few weeks ago so happy days. Thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

ClareBear wrote:
    Ah thanks Nimrod, but I got it yesterday in Cork. Got a copy for one of my housemates too after we spent hours talking about it a few weeks ago so happy days. Thanks! :D

You should have an Enid Blyton picnic party - sandwiches, fresh farmy-stuff and lashings and lashings of ginger ale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Medbhia

Nostalgia nearly made me buy another copy of this book a few weeks ago when I saw it on a shelf, (my lack of cash at the time frustrated this particular impulse buy :( )best childhood book ever! :)

Medbhia wrote:
    best childhood book ever! :)

Definitely! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Iofur

*sigh*

I loves this book! So much so I started to read it again last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

love this too! They seem to have been reproduced in hard back. Another of my favourites was the wishing chair. I was in a book shop recently and they had the whole collection in a lovely hard back edition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

sorry posted twice by mistake . . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I bought a hardback 3 in 1 Faraway Tree book for my friends little girl for Christmas in the little bookshop in the square for €4.99.. Might see if they have any left & buy one for myself too. Read one of the books a few years ago & it was still great!

Advertisement