Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyaxe virus or whatever?

Options
  • 28-12-2005 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

:mad: Does anyone know how to get rid of Skyaxe virus or whatever the f**k it is , its doing my head in, I get rid of it and its back again 2 minutes later. I have antivirus and it tells me my system is clear but it keeps poping up a "Your computer is infected" message on the bottom of my screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What's the exact name of the virus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

From what its telling me its a Malware infection but its trying to install Skyaxe anti-virus on my computer. From what I've read about it on the internet the Skyaxe isn't a virus but I don't want it on my computer and its keeps trying to download itself onto my computer. Its a f*****g nuisance, if I knew where they lived I'd be around with petrol and matches, BASTARDS!
    Anyway if you have any suggestions I'd be grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

start, run, msconfig, startup tab, disable all, restart the computer, install anti-spyware and AV programs, and a firewall, if it tries to install again the firewall program should tell you where the request is coming from and from there you can find it and remove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Thanks syklops, I'll try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tony H

install spybot s&d and lavasoft adaware and run them AFTER you turn off system restore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

If all of the above doesnt work, Have a look at this
    http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/

GL

Advertisement