Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[For Sale] Christmas Clearout. Bargains Galore!

Options
  • 28-12-2005 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Just been rooting through the garage and its time for a clearout.

I'm located in Belfast or Donegal for collection. Postage isnt a problem, but at buyers expense.

First Item:

1 - PGA Tour Issued Taylormade R540XD TP 8.5*

This is a genuine tour issued driver, not a retail tp. This thing is super rare, never released to the public.
    Its Brand new, I have hit 4 balls with it. Fitted with a Fujikura Vista Pro 70 Stiff shaft, also brand new.
    Complete with headcover.

Txxxxxx Serial# denoting true tour issue.
    picture01316007hw.th.jpg
    Crosshair on face showing exact sweet spot
    picture01416004de.th.jpg
    TP Crest on toe
    picture01516000rm.th.jpg

picture01616009wk.th.jpg
    picture01916002xf.th.jpg
    The head has no weight cartridge installed in the back, thats the way they come on tour so the pro can choose the desired weight.
    I used 15g of lead tape (now removed) to bring the head to D3 swingweight.

€250

2 - Titleist 975D 9.5* Driver

Great quality driver, really boring flight in the wind.

picture02416003yy.th.jpg

picture02716006wk.th.jpg

picture02816001da.th.jpg

Original Titleist Stiff graphite shaft.
    Club is in used condition, few skymarks, not really visible at address, reflected in price.

€50

3 - Titleist PT 15* & 20* woods

picture03116003ht.th.jpg
    picture02916002ot.th.jpg

picture03216006we.th.jpg
    picture03416004zi.th.jpg

15* has brand new Rifle 5.5 stell shaft (between regular & stiff) It has paint removed, looks like stainless steel. The 5 wood is original, needs a new grip.

These are rare woods, Tiger only took this same 3wood from his bag last season.

€60 each, 100 the pair.

4 - Taylormade Burner 3 & 5 woods

The 3 wood like the titleist has its paint removed. Stiff Bubble shaft.
    picture02316002im.th.jpg
    picture02216004ds.th.jpg

Nice heavy 3 Wood
    The pictures dont do the crown justice, it looks stunning in person

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

picture036160016008oh.th.jpg
    picture03516003tr.th.jpg

The 5 wood is a later model, Bubble 2 shaft, regular flex. Real easy to hit. Scuffed up, but you could give it the same treatment as the 3 wood.

€30 each, 50 the pair

5 - Goldwin 2 iron
    picture03816006ff.th.jpg
    picture03916003wb.th.jpg

Regular graphite shaft, surprisingly easy to hit for a 2 iron. might complete a set for someone

€20

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Ooh...some very nice clubs there. Wish i could afford one or two of them but my money is going towards upgrading the computer.

I might just edit the title to say "for sale" just so there are no misunderstandings about the thread content.

Good luck with the sale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

yeah I agree with RuggieBear - some good stuff there.....I wish I had the same quality just lying around my garage. The only "spare" clubs I have lying around is an old Titliest putter I got about 20 years ago - still a fine club but worthless to anyone but myself - sentimental value only!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I currently own the TM540 banned version and a Titleist 975jvs banned driver.

So Im looking to invest in some legal drivers.

I love TM drivers as i think they are by far the easiest to hit for me.

You say the TM has no weights, so must i go have weights fitted in for me,adding further cost for instalation and investagation as to what i need?

I currently own the TM540 banned version and a Titleist 975jvs banned driver.

So Im looking to invest in some legal drivers.

I love TM drivers as i think they are by far the easiest to hit for me.

You say the TM has no weights, so must i go have weights fitted in for me,adding further cost for instalation and investagation as to what i need?

You could use the plastic cartridge in the back of your current 540 (theyre all the same for the 500 series drivers), or like i did just add lead weight in the cavity . I can get one of the plastic cartridges from the states but it will cost $20. The driver as it is needs some form of weight to level out the swingweight. Lead tape will do this fine but the cartridge is neater and more professional.

What shaft is in your current driver btw?

• Advertisement

in the taylor made 540 its the gold and red shaft, o whats it called, like the A40 or something, cant member the name

The Titleist has a fujikura special edition custom made stiff shaft (was specialy made for some pro)

I'm trying to get a grasp of whether the shaft would suit you. I found it quite stiff compared to my other fujikura shaft. If you like the shaft in your titleist then this should be fine

stiff is definatly good for me mate =D kinda helps me not to have the club head 3 seconds behind my body at impact =D

No love for any of my rejects?

Come on make me a few offers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Wish I could, but I'm a damn lefty :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

I'll give you 50 for that first driver.. there.. an offer!!

€200 for the driver.

You cant even get a retail one for that price new.

Ah yeah but sure it's an old model! Plus no weight means it's not usable right away, as well as that it's an 8.5, which ain't my first preference, but i'd be willing to take it off your hands for the princely sum of say 55 euros.....

css wrote:
    Ah yeah but sure it's an old model! Plus no weight means it's not usable right away, as well as that it's an 8.5, which ain't my first preference, but i'd be willing to take it off your hands for the princely sum of say 55 euros.....

If i get a weight and give you all the choice between:

Aldila NV S or R
    Graphalloy Prolaunch S
    Fujikura VP 70 s

Would anyone offer the €200?

Come on, its prcatically your own personal clubfitting service.

Well firstly for the uneducated can you tell me the difference between the TP model and the regular model? Besides the shaft..

€200 is steep imho, but if you got the right buyer i guess you might get it! What kind of grip has it?

css wrote:
    Well firstly for the uneducated can you tell me the difference between the TP model and the regular model? Besides the shaft..

€200 is steep imho, but if you got the right buyer i guess you might get it! What kind of grip has it?

Any grip you want.

The difference between Tour and regular:

1: Tour has no closed face bias. They sit dead square making them much easier to work both ways. There also are NO weight bias' built into the head, unlike retail heads which 99% of the time, have a heel weight bias to premote a draw.

2: Made to much tighter quality controls, higher grade of materials. All marked with a 'B' above the 'Txxxxxx' serial number, denothing they have been physically tested with robotic arm to get as close to the 'cor' as legally possible.

3: This driver was tour only, unlike the r510 TP which was mass produced and released to the public, not having the characteristis 1 & 2.

4: More penetrating ball flight (definately no balooning) with a more solid sound and feel. A definite 'thwack', not a 'tink' like your usual retrail drivers.

And you will have a driver that no-one else will have.

So would you p/x it with two 975D's? 9.5 and an 8.5? Both stiff shafted?

I really don't give a toss about having a different driver. I let the club do the talking usually...

css wrote:
    So would you p/x it with two 975D's? 9.5 and an 8.5? Both stiff shafted?

I really don't give a toss about having a different driver. I let the club do the talking usually...

No thanks, I'm trying to sell my own 975 as it is. Need the cash really.

Off to Flebay with it tonight with it......

Fair enough, I changed from an 8.5 coz I found the 9.5 gave me about 20 yard extra, so I think I'll stick with that loft tbh. I'm currently monitoring R5's and R7's on flebay myself.. I'll be changing in the next few months hopefully..

I'm so interested in your 540..... i have a 540 myself but it will be made illegal in 2008 and since i compete in official gui and college events I need a regulated driver.

Its just that i have r7's marked out on ebay brand new for 250-300 euro, and i got a Titlseist 975jvs tour model myself.

When you say it was used on tour, by yourself or another player? I'd love to know by whom....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PaulRyan04

Some say Tiger Woods....some dont

I'm so interested in your 540..... i have a 540 myself but it will be made illegal in 2008 and since i compete in official gui and college events I need a regulated driver.

Its just that i have r7's marked out on ebay brand new for 250-300 euro, and i got a Titlseist 975jvs tour model myself.

When you say it was used on tour, by yourself or another player? I'd love to know by whom....

I'm no tour player :D

The serial numbers are in a database for the Taylormade Tour Van, this is used to track their drivers on tour events and also so that if aplayer looses or breaks their club another one to the exact spec can be made up. They wont tell you who had it, and will deny all knowledge of the clubs existance because taylormade 'sell the same clubs in the shops as the Pro's use'.

Because PGA pros buy their clubs in McGuirks ;)

The club came from a friend of Luke Donald's caddie, whether the club was spec'd for Luke or not I dont know and have no way of finding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

is that 975 still for sale?? Id pay the 50 quid. Where abouts are you. Im in Dublin city centre

If it's not I've got two i'm gonna be selling/trading in soon. A 9.5/stiff and an 8.5/stiff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭delboy159

I apologise for taking this thread off topic (but it seems to have run its course anyway).... The 975D has a 375cc head (I could be wrong, but it is in that size area).

I'm still new to the game and was wondering, does the smaller head mean you need to have a fairly flawless swing as it doesn't have the same forgiveness as a 460cc head?

Thanks.

Advertisement