Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indexing a book

Options
  • 27-12-2005 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My cousin (a missionary priest in Malaysia) has just completed a book proving that a site in Athenry was the site of the original High Kings in Ireland. He is getting it published through Trafford Publishers. I have designed the cover for him and layed out his book - all done in MS Word. Now that everything is done and the prototype is back, its time to create an index. I have NO idea how to do this. Would it be best to hire an indexer for this or is there a way of doing this myself? I always thought it was just a matter of picking a few words and then let MS Word show the page number after, but after reading about it - it's apparently not as easy as that. It is 408 Pages long and has 213,000 words.
    Can anyone please help or guide me?

Thanks,
    Noel.

Advertisement