Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translate this please tis driving me mad.

Options
  • 26-12-2005 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I hears this on the radio (Radio na Gaelteacht) and have no idea what it means. Can't spell it so have typed it as it sounds (to me anyway)
    Cuman loo class gael.

Go raibh maith agaibh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭whiteboard

It could be cumann luthcleas gael (fadas ignored)
    this would be the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA)
    gaa.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

Ah that sounds about right.
    Thanks for that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Did you understant anything else that they said while listening to radio na gaeltachta?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

I can't really remember now but I think they were talking to and about school children. I usually listen to the station so that I can get used to the language being spoken by natives. Develop the ear as they say. To be honest most of it passes me by but now and again there are people I can understand quite well and it also helps if I can figure out what the context is. Then I'm really happy with myself until the next Seamus Mhicil Tom (Character from Ros na Run that even my Gaelscoile friends have difficulty understanding :) )comes on and leaves me scratching my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

For the cause eh......
    And I meant understand.....
    It isn't an easy way to tune your ear, there was a film dubbed into Irish on TG4 and It was pretty good, with understandable Irish too. That's a much easyier way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement