Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mini pci card

Options
  • 25-12-2005 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I am lokking for a mini pci wireless lan card to fit in the trap door of my lappie.

I already use the PCMCIA slots for other card so would be cool to get one to go in the mini pci socket in the trapdoor.

Would prefer not to use usb dongles---->hate things protruding out of laptop.

Need this because present wireless card has goone faulty and Dell want to take it in fr a minimum of 10 days. Cant go that long without this machine as I use it for work so Ive decided to try and replace it myself

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

what model dell - I don't know if they all use standard antenna connectors

or borrow a usb one for the 10 days - sometimes dell will swap just the part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭lifebook

its a c610,

They wont swap it oonsite as I dont have an onsite warranty and they want 180+vat to do an onsite call.

They want to take the whole laptop not just the wireless card.

It looks like the standare connector to me same as my HP one.

Advertisement