Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shawshank redemption

Options
  • 24-12-2005 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Is it just me or is The **** Shank Redemption a load of hairy balls?
    Its far too long and the acting is atrocious! This film did no business at the time of its release (and rightly so), however since then it has inexplicably become a "cult hit". Rubbish!!!

I heard that some "dubious" scenes involving Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins were cut from the final version.

The one saving grace in this film is the end when Freeeman and Robbins run off into the sunset holding hands.

If you want to watch a real film check out Escape from Alcatraz (shorter and it has Clint Eastwood wearing a fetching blue uniform).

Nuff said.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Defcon 5

Ah now come on lanch this blistering attack on one of the finest stephen king book to movie adaptations is a little unjust.:mad:

The Shawshank Redemption takes the "innocent man in prison" theme and bends it a different angle. Instead of focusing on crusades for freedom, the movie ventures down a less-traveled road, concentrating on the personal cost of adapting to prison life and how some convicts, once they conform, lose the ability to survive beyond the barbed wire and iron bars. :(

One of the best quotes in a movie totally sums up the struggle of conforming to life inside the big house
    As one of the characters puts it: "These [prison] walls are funny. First you hate them, then you get used to them, then you start to depend on them."

Hey Lanch haven't I noticed some of your pointless rants elsewhere before!!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 astonvilla

"takes the "innocent man in prison" theme and bends it a different angle. "

Yeah "bends" it in a different angle........ yeah course it does.

Only way it bended was with morgan freeman putting it inside tim robbins in those deleted scenes that werent allowed to be used!!!!!

Simple as that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nedatorian

Its a **** shank alright...

Probably the most overated film ever made!!! And rumour has it that the film nearly didnt go to release over the PROPOSED sex scene with Freeman and Robbins. The director was adamant it was used but over ruled at the last minute. Horny git!! Reckon he just fancied Tim Robins arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

I taught it was brilliant, fck you all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nedatorian

Im sure you'd like to try that!! ye filthy bollox!!

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Ando......

Seriously......

Thanks as always your opinion is appreciated but not valued so TIP ON.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

lanch wrote:
    ... it has Clint Eastwood wearing a fetching blue uniform.
    QUOTE]

I'm getting mixed signals here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Morrigan wrote:
    I'm getting mixed signals here...

What mixed signals? The original poster is clearly a homosexualist.

Regarding the proposed scenes, they were RAPE scenes not love scenes. Originally Red and his gang of friends (Old Skink Eye, Gusset, Harry the Rapist) rape Andy after Red loses his bet. During the long bouts of forced sodomy, Red and Andy eventually forge a close friendship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I have to agree with the OP. I think this has to be one of the most overrated films of all time. I have never rated King as a writer. His better adaptions tend to be the result of the directors work hard work case in point being Kurbricks adaption of the Shinning which focus on the destruction of Native American Culutur. I have always found the Redemption Smalsy and saccherine at best, and as I've said already Massivly Overrated and just how does Andy put the poster back up at the end

Quote by Agent orange

"During the long bouts of forced sodomy, Red and Andy eventually forge a close friendship."

WHAT????
    Is this close to home for you or something????

maybe you should be in another section of boards........... TRYIN TO GET OVER BEING DONE UP THE HOLE!!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement