Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you dispose of old electronics & plastics ?

Options
  • 23-12-2005 11:22pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭

old circuit boards etc.

does anywhere recycle or accept plastic from cases / covers or is it just plastic bottles they take.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I would check out your local council bring centre to see about the plastic 0 though I can confirm that the Coolmine Dublin 15 one does accept platic packaging etc.

As for the circuit board - sorry can not help. Tho the above place used to accept old computers, not so sure if it still does.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭pcwares

they may take electronic gear off you or just drive down there and throw it in their parts skip while browsing the hundreds of P4's they have stacked.

what a racket and a lucrative one at that.

PcWares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

North Strand bring centre. You have to pay a small fee - something like €4 last time I was there - but you can bring furniture, computers, parts, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

old circuit boards etc.

does anywhere recycle or accept plastic from cases / covers or is it just plastic bottles they take.

Dump them in the Liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

sturgo wrote:
    Dump them in the Liffey.

No, that's for shopping trolleys, and traffic cones only.

Isn't stuff like PCBs categorises under the W.E.E.E. ? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement