Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Smith & Tony Vegas Live mixes!

Options
  • 23-12-2005 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Andy Smith & Tony Vegas have given permission to have their mixes made available for download from blaa-blaa.com....and so i come here to spread the music for ye hip-hop fans.

Andy Smith, of Portishead fame, performed this set in Axis Mundi, Waterford late last year. The mix is in two parts.Part 1|Part 2Those sets are well worth the listen if your a big hip hop fan, his track selection is top notch.

Tony Vegas (Scratch Perverts) recently played in the Forum in Waterford. To be fair the first half hour of this mix is a bit chessey to say the least (charty hip-hop), but saying that the mixing he was doing with the tracks was amazing. He mixed over two turntables and 2cdj's. He used the cdj's mainly as samplers. The last hour of the mix is pure class. Drum n Bass all the way. Download

Support for the Tony Vegas came from two hip-hop/soul Waterford based DJ's Jay-Ru and Oscar respectively. Jay would be more of a hip-hop Dj with Oscar mostly playing soul. The two lads went back2back and the resulting mix is available here. There are some deadly underground tracks from both Dj's to be found in that mix.

Merry Christmas lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

thanks for that. havent listened yet, but will definitely download them. i've got Andy Smiths documents II and III and they do have some really quality stuff on them. not just hip-hop but it all blends very nicely.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

thanks for that. havent listened yet, but will definitely download them. i've got Andy Smiths documents II and III and they do have some really quality stuff on them. not just hip-hop but it all blends very nicely.

Cheers!

No probs Spacecoyote, i will have my hands on a few more live club mixes fairly shortly.....mostly house thou but the next hip-hop mix i get i'll post it up too. The riders on the storm track he plays is deadly and the soul stuff to boot is excellent. Hopefully Andy Smith will come back to my part of the land for another visit fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

nice one bro! tony vegas always plays rancidly cheesy drum and bass that's about a moth or three past its sell by date but he does it so well it makes me want to burn my crates and decks cos i'll never be that good... bastard!

marked for download! can i put these mixes on the hip hop soul and reggae board over at www.irishdrumandbass.com? the people have a right to know! [unless you say they don't ]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

[unless you say they don't ]

mmmm. This is my once in a life time chance to play God! :)
    Yeah man, sure thing no probs, spread joy! It would be cool if you mention the site were they are hosted for that extra peice of publicity! Nice one Tyranny. You should have seen what he was doing with the decks on stage. He was going 90!

DSCN0748.jpg

thats not the best shot of the decks, but you can make out 3 in the picture. He had 5 altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Finally got round to downloading them. They are all pretty nice mixes i must say. i'm not a big drum & bass fan, but it all come stogether nicely on the Tony Vegas mix.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement