Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'The Hills Have Eyes' Remake Trailer..

Options
  • 23-12-2005 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭

Looks quite interesting

.. and after 'Haute tension', i have a certain amount of faith in Alexandre Aja with this remake.

Trailer works quite well..
    good use of news bulletins to give us an insight into what lies ahead, nice and mellow music from The Mamas The Papas to introduce us to the family and liked the rapid single-frame shots (though that's being used a bit too much for horror / thriller trailers nowadays.)

10th March 2006 is the release date has been penned for the UK / Ireland, according to IMDB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I dunno guys. I liked the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake quite a bit, so I'm not coming at this with some unrelenting bias against remakes.

BUT.

This look like it's adding absolutely nothing to the original. In fact, some of the shots look like a direct lift from the original. I loved Haute Tension as much as the next guy, but I'm cautious about this one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I have never seen the original but the trailer looks ok, your usual horror movie really. I tend not to like those type of movies too much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I think The Hills Have Eyes is a great film for updating. You're right, it doesn't look like they've added anything but a coat of fresh paint and some production value wouldn't do the story any harm. The original is goodish. I hope they find some way to translate Michael Berryman's performance and character into it.

That said... With the recent popularity of serious horror movies I wish they were pumping out more original scripts. There's plenty of extreme ideas out there.

Advertisement