Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birembau

Options
  • 23-12-2005 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Lads, short but sweet... any hints and tips?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If at all possible, start with a small one as it's going to take a while to get used to how you're meant to hold it, given that you effectively support the entire weight of it on your little finger. It's generally easier to focus on striking the notes clearly before you move onto using the cabaça more effectively (holding it against your body to mute some notes, for example). Practice slower rhythms to get the hang of using the caxixi properly while playing. If there's a capoeira group near you, get the instructor to give you a few tips or join their music classes if they run them.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

My capoeira Professor is teaching me, I've not started off with a Gunga but I can support the Birembau itself for a reasonable amount of time... long enough to try and make her sing a little ;)

Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.

Advertisement