Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vamp and After Hours

Options
  • 23-12-2005 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Anyone know if you can get the films "Vamp" and "After Hours" on region 2 dvd. Both films were made i think in 1986. I have seen them on sale for region 1 but not region 2.

Also another film called "White Heat" staring James Cagney. Again I've seen it on sale only on region 1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Sorry guiness did a quick check and could only see it R1 aswell. If it can't be gotten R2 you could:

1. Buy a cheap and cheerful dvd player that can be made (or already is) multi-region. I got one for 40 euro in Dixons. I buy most of my dvd/s from the States so it comes in handy (usually cheaper).

2. Buy the R1 version and use dvdshrink and dvd decrypt (which are free) to "back up" the R1 version. This will remove the R1 setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

What's your current DVD player? It might have a region free code floating around somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Also another film called "White Heat" staring James Cagney. Again I've seen it on sale only on region 1.

I've definitely seen 'White Heat' in HMV, as part of a James Cagney box set entitled 'Signature Collection' or similar. Absolutely brilliant film.

Advertisement