Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird and wonderful games/challenges

Options
  • 22-12-2005 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

I am a scout in cork and am looking for weird /funny and possibly humiliating games for the scout section

one of the best i found so far is "poor pussy" You form into a circle and pick out 1 scout. they have to crawl up to a person + say "meowww" and try to get the scout to laugh /smile without contact can be v.funny if you pick the right person

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭scout

Also was a sout in celbridge with sai in d mill am looking for badges neckercheifs etc. can reach me on ballinorascout@gmail.com thanx

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

we have "chicken fight"

basicly, you stand on one leg, and try and knock your "enemy" out of the circle by pushing them with your arms behind your back....

"47th ballybrack undefeated champion" i might add!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Holding a tennis ball under you neck then having to pass it to the next person and they have to take it only using their neck. It was soooo embarrassing. :o
    (well if you fancied the person you had to pass it to) :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i remember back in the day(we had a very liberal leader) we used to play IRA, where the IRA(5 big lads) would give all of us like 10 mins to hide in the field then they'd but on football boots and arm themselves with cricket bats and tennis rackets and try find us, we are each given a letter of a word and the had to beat it outta us... was funny at the time...until it was your turn to get beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

i remember back in the day(we had a very liberal leader) we used to play IRA, where the IRA(5 big lads) would give all of us like 10 mins to hide in the field then they'd but on football boots and arm themselves with cricket bats and tennis rackets and try find us, we are each given a letter of a word and the had to beat it outta us... was funny at the time...until it was your turn to get beaten
    Wow, I remember that once or twice. God, that was fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

On of the ones that our girls love is :

Two competitors face the opposite away and then walk back to each other so that there bums are touching and they kneel over so that their hands are touching their feet. They then have to try and push each other to other sides of the room. Whoever wins is the champion and a new challenger takes her place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Made up a new one last wednesday at cubs.
    Everybody stands in a circle and a ball is passed clockwise, the first person to pass the ball runs anti-clockwise as soon as the ball is passed and has to run around the circle twice and back to his place before the ball is passed person to person around the circle once. If the ball reaches their place before them they're out.

As the circle gets smaller, the ball gets around quicker in proportion to the person, so it can get quite difficult.

Bear in mind that we've only tried this game the once last week, so feel free to try your own variations and come up with new rules.
    We still haven't come up with a name for it.

so thats the Game you were talking to me about...

I'd say scouts are a bit too told for it tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Kadeshh

venture ball..

two teams, works best male/female when theres way more girls.

lads team tries to keep the ball inside the hall the girls have to get it out or vice versa, cant remember which way round that was

only rule, no biting

twas a great (violent) game often ending with someones blood everywhere:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Ronny, I might try that one out with our Guides, they need a good running around game to wear them out before we start the meeting. :)

• Advertisement

Kadeshh wrote:
    venture ball..

two teams, works best male/female when theres way more girls.

lads team tries to keep the ball inside the hall the girls have to get it out or vice versa, cant remember which way round that was

only rule, no biting

twas a great (violent) game often ending with someones blood everywhere:)

such an evil evil game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

scout wrote:
    I am a scout in cork and am looking for weird /funny and possibly humiliating games for the scout section

one of the best i found so far is "poor pussy" You form into a circle and pick out 1 scout. they have to crawl up to a person + say "meowww" and try to get the scout to laugh /smile without contact can be v.funny if you pick the right person

A variation on this is the game "I love you hunny bunny" which involves pretty much the same thing, only using the words "I love you hunny bunney" instead.

Advertisement