Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mel Gibson cuts himself into own trailer

Options
  • 22-12-2005 3:36pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In the trailer for upcoming film Apolcalypto, Mel Gibson has cut in a picture of himself with a big cheesy grin standing beside some of the actors. It's at 1:43, just after the bit with the pregnant girl. Use the arrow keys to go frame-by-frame - no matter how many times I watch it I just can't see it at full speed.

crazymel.jpg

The film looks a bit weird, but that picture is classic!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Hahahahahaha, that's so cheesily cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Hadn't heard of this one before.

It's been filmed in the Mayan tounge... sheesh...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

It seems Mel Gibson has gone mental. Good for him!

In other news.. I still haven't seen The Passion of Himself. Any point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Kaablaa.

(for anyone who doesn't *get* this: The Passion of the Jew is required viewing)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Goodshape wrote:
    It seems Mel Gibson has gone mental. Good for him!

In other news.. I still haven't seen The Passion of Himself. Any point?
    I was told to watch it by a friend, who said I've an "anti-supernatural bias". It's actually the first and only film I've ever fallen asleep during. So only saw like 20 mins. No point unless you reckon the bible is historically accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

looking forward to "the passion of the clerks" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

ApeXaviour wrote:
    No point unless you reckon the bible is historically accurate.
    Nonsense. I watch plenty of films that I don't believe to be true. I thought The Passion of the Christ was superb. Mel Gibson is an exceptional film maker.

Very much looking forward to Apolcalypto.

Lodgepole wrote:
    Nonsense. I watch plenty of films that I don't believe to be true. I thought The Passion of the Christ was superb. Mel Gibson is an exceptional film maker.
    I agree, don't need to believe in the subject matter to appreciate a film. Although I'm still skeptical (heh, of the film that is. The subject matter is grand -- I enjoy a good fantasy ;) )

Must check it out sometime.

(the beard on Mel though... that really does have crazy written all over it)

//edit
    mel_gibson_beard.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I love the cheek of him for doing it. At least he has a sense of humour.
    Goodshape wrote:

//edit
    mel_gibson_beard.jpg

No it doesn't, it's a stylish, elegant, majestic beard, it screams class.

Actually, I think I'll save that picture and start some photoshopping. :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

ObeyGiant wrote:
    Kaablaa.

(for anyone who doesn't *get* this: The Passion of the Jew is required viewing)

lol, classic episode alright.

The trekkies are going to eat your brains when they see you spelt " Qapla' " as 'kaablaa'. I've heard they're not known for their sense of humour in these regards, which is ironic really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

'The Passion of the Jew' - What a classic episode. Funny, funny stuff. I had no idea he was really that crazy! I just don't know what to believe in any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Pigman II wrote:
    lol, classic episode alright.

The trekkies are going to eat your brains when they see you spelt " Qapla' " as 'kaablaa'. I've heard they're not known for their sense of humour in these regards, which is ironic really.
    You know, I had no idea it was Klingon. I thought it was just some bonkers scream. Cheers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Goodshape wrote:
    I agree, don't need to believe in the subject matter to appreciate a film. Although I'm still skeptical (heh, of the film that is. The subject matter is grand -- I enjoy a good fantasy ;) )

Must check it out sometime.

//edit
    mel_gibson_beard.jpg
    looks a bit like saddam there tbh

saddam-mel-gibson.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

satchmo wrote:
    crazymel.jpg
    Two words: Maniacal Genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Passion of the Christ was a brilliant piece of film making.
    As was said beforehand you don't need to believe in something to sit down and appreciate the time and thought that goes into it.

I for one think the films he's made so far have been nothing short of outstanding.

That photo is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Did anyone else find the trailer a bit strange!?

I can't see how he's going to get people into the cinema's to see this one. Crazy old Martin Riggs.

Ps: The still of him smiling is brilliant.

That's classic. Any other trailers with a slide like this thrown in?

[edit] Just put it on 1/2 speed in Quicktime, and you can see Mel in all his glory.

Advertisement